Chapter 3.5: Insomina and Illusions

A/N; As you read this chapter, I suggest listening to https://youtu.be/Gw1xgDGp-LQ . Good mood setter, also a song from GASA4.

I awake from my slumber, but the sky is still dark. I check the alarm clock to my side, and notice it's 4 am.

Despite the fact that I should go back to sleep, I'm hungry. How unfortunate. I think back to the first day. "He did say the store was open 24 hours, but would he still be there at this time?" Well, there's only one way to find out.

I grab the keys from the washroom, and sneak out of the house once again. I realize something. This night, and when I went to sleep, I didn't feel like I was being watched. Wonder why that was. I make my way to the store, taking note of the sky. Who knew that stars could be so pretty when you're alone?

I walk into the store, and to my surprise, someone is to talking to Cashier. Their build is similar to his, except for the fact that they're completely grey. They both notice me. "Yes! That's the person I was talking about!" The grey figure points a finger in my direction. What? "Erm, hello? I'm Y/N. Who are you?"

The grey figure walks towards my direction, taking a good look at me. "Yep, this is the person. Hello, Y/N. You can just refer to me as Dummy. I assume you've already met Cashier?" I glance at Cashier, and he flashes me a small smile and a wave. "Yes, yes they have." Cashier says. I'm speechless. As if things couldn't get weirder, I'm met with a figure who goes by the name Dummy? I swear, who names these people?

"I'm sure you must be confused. I've been watching you since you arrived. As I was speaking with Cashier, there was a Player with a red cap. You seem to have taken his position." Player? The more I speak with the two, the more questions I have than answers. "Wait wait wait, YOU'RE the one who was watching me?" I ponder booking it out of the store. I'm about to get murdered, aren't I?

"Ah, don't worry, it's nothing like that. It's been a while since we had a new person in this small space of ours, I just got a little curious, and things got out of hand." I couldn't believe my ears. This is just an elaborate dream, right? I'll wake up any moment now. "You have no reason to be afraid. I will not hurt you, nor will anyone else you meet. In fact, I get the feeling that we're going to be very good friends in the near future."

Well, Cashier seems to be fine, and I think we're both human. Actually, the more I think about it, the more safe I feel. Maybe this isn't as bad as I originally thought it was, and I'm going to be good friends with the townsfolk like Dummy says. Well, whatever. There's no point in being scared. If this really isn't a dream, then I have to deal with this.

I gather up my courage and speak. "Nice to meet you, Dummy. I, uh, hope that we do become good friends." I can feel myself shaking, and hear Cashier snickering in the background. Dummy gives me a warm smile. "I know, I know. It'll take some time to get adjusted to. Until then, hope to see you around?" They raise their hand, and I shake it. Once I let go, they disappear.

Shoot, why did I come here again? Oh well, if I forgot, couldn't have been that important. I bid my adieu to Cashier, and make my way back home. Suddenly, it starts to rain, and I forgot my umbrella. I'll need to run.

Timeskip.

As I get into my bed, I remember what my goal was; to get a snack. Well, task failed, but at least I met someone new today. Cashier, Dummy, Pat... What a cast of characters. I remember what Dummy told me. I'm like a replacement for their Player friend, right? Why me? What purpose do I have to serve in this world?

Maybe I'll find out tomorrow.