Chapter 9: Visitor

A/N: Okay, okay, first of all. THANK YOU FOR 200 READS??? HOLY FUCK, WHAT A THING TO COME BACK TO. I love and appreciate you all, thank you so much. Alright, let's get into the chapter.

I woke up to a notification on my phone.

I thought it was odd, I don't normally get notifications on my phone. I have them all turned off besides my Dads text messages, and he rarely ever texts. So, I decide to check it. It's from Orion.

> good morning, hope you slept well.

I can feel my face heat up. Right, we swapped numbers last night. I smile and text him back, returning the wishes and asking him how he's doing. I put the phone down and get out of bed, it's time to start the day.

I make my way to the kitchen, where my dad looks happier than I've ever seen him. Upon noticing I was there, he wraps me up into a big hug. "Y/N! I have amazing news for you. Your mother is coming to visit in 2 days!" My grin widens. "Wh- really?!" I couldn't believe what I just heard, he was right, this is fantastic news.

"Yes! Alright, do me a favor, Y/N. Go to the convenience store and see if there are any cakes. We need to celebrate." This couldn't get any better. "Will do, Dad. I'll go right now!" I turn to leave, but he stops me in my tracks. "Listen, love the enthusiasm, but you need to have breakfast first." Yeah, he's certainly in a better mood.

Timeskip.

I close the door behind me and make my way to the store, beaming. I wonder if Orion or Dummy know about this? Well, only one way to find out. I bust open the convenience store, to be greeted by something surprising. Dummy is already having a conversation with Orion. Huh, wonder what they're talking about.

"Oh, Y/N, you're just in time." Dummy turns to me and smiles warmly. "We were just waiting for you. Come on! I want to show you both something." I feel the floor rumble beneath me. What the hell is going on? Everything in the store is shaking. I almost lose my balance, when my vision fades to black.

Oof, almost died there.

I wake up, faceplanted onto the floor. Lifting myself up with my arms, I can see that it's made out of brown wooden planks, unlike the store. Where am I? I hate that I'm always so clueless about these things. I kneel on the ground and stare at the floor, trying to get a hold of myself. "We're right here, dumbass." I hear a familiar voice to my left, and I turn my head in its direction.

I see Dummy and Orion seated at a diner table, looking at me. "So what, are you just to sit there? Get over here." Orion pats the seat next to him, and I sit next to him. Dummy stares at us for a moment for continuing on. "You guys like this place? This is an old game that the creator made before scrapping the idea." Honestly, this place is nice. Looks like one of those retro diners I would've gone to when I was younger.

"What made the creator scrap the idea? This place looks like it has potential." I notice Dummy start fidgeting, and Orion averts his eyes. "Erm, well, let's just say... there was a falling out." Ah, so it was a project by multiple people? Interesting. I feel like I learn more about this place the longer I'm here.

"Sounds like a sensitive topic, I'm sorry for bringing it up." Dummy forces a smile at me. "No, don't worry! You still have lots to learn about this place, you're going to have questions." I wonder what made the creators stop working on the diner. There's a bit of silence in the air, and Orion is the one to break it. "Oh, right, Y/N, I saw you got my text. Sorry I never really got around to answering. I'm good, how are you two doing?"

I say I'm doing well, and Dummy says they've been doing decently. We start talking for a bit, about our lives and what not. The topic shifts over to baking. Apparently, Orion and Dummy have lots of experience with baking, and they enjoy it quite a bit. An idea comes to mind. However, Orion takes the words out of my mouth before I can even speak.

"How about a baking competition of sorts? We'll go off of sight alone, since anything else would be biased." He gives me a meaningful look while ending his sentence. Even Dummy seems to be confused. "How would it be biased?" "Oh, nothing." He smiles warmly, however it feels sinister. "Perhaps it's the fact that sometimes, we're not in control of our own opinions." His smile widens, and I feel a chill run down my spine. What does he mean by that?

"If you're going for a deeper meaning approach, you're being really weird about it." Dummy looks a bit tense, but I can't ask them if they're alright, as the world around us becomes unstable once again. "Don't worry, guys. I'm just teleporting you two into the GASA3 kitchen. Shouldn't take too long." Dummy explains. Well, I feel safer knowing that this is happening for a reason.

Timeskip.