Chapter .02

Archfield Hotel

Melody wrapped herself around a towel while slipping on her flip-flops in her hotel room. She decided to stay at the nicest hotel closest to the hospital, after all, she could afford it without any trouble.

Underneath her towel she wore an all-black bikini, getting ready to sit in the hot tub that the Archfield provided for all guests.

It was around ten o'clock at night so she wasn't expecting anyone down there. Slipping out of her hotel room the woman rode the elevator down, greeted the front desk workers, and entered the pool area.

Just as she pushed open the door to the swimming area, Mark Sloan entered the hotel. He was exhausted from work. Screaming teen patients and the nurses boycotting against him wasn't his favorite thing in the world.

As he rubbed his eyes, digging his card key out of his wallet, he spotted the little blonde walking down to the hot tub that was out of view from the bottom floor of the hotel.

His eyebrows rose to stare at the woman's legs. The thought of them around his waist caused his tiredness to suddenly slip away. The dirty mistress had an idea that Derek wouldn't approve of.

While Mark made his way to his hotel room with a grin, Melody slipped her towel on the closest chair, kicked her flip-flops off, and sunk her body into the warm water.

A sigh of relief filled the air as the sensation of relaxation hit her like a ton of bricks. She pulled her hair back into a bun and sunk lower to her shoulder. Her eyes closed shut enjoying her alone time.

The rain had stopped by now and all that was left was the misty dew on the grass out in the parking lot.

"Feels good?" A deep voice spoke causing her to slowly open only one eye to spot Mark Sloan wearing only black swimming trunks, flip flops, and a towel draped across his shoulder. What a sight that was.

Melody didn't mind the company, especially if it was someone who looked like Mark Sloan.

The woman simply hummed before closing back her one eye. She imprinted the picture of Mark in her head, unaware that he works at the same hospital she would be joining. All she could think about was how attractive he was, but she wasn't the type to throw herself onto men...at least she thought she was.

Mark grinned placing his towel beside her and his flip-flops before stepping into the hot tub. It seemed like the plastic surgeon needed this hot tub more than Melody from his hard day at work.

Slowly, he made his way over to Melody, and promptly sat right beside her, not too close, but close enough for her to sense him.

Furrowing her eyebrows together, she opened her left eye to see Mark staring without any shame, "You're harassing me."

"I'm sitting in a hot tub."

"You're harassing me." She said once again in an unbothered monotoned voice, but she wasn't better than any man. Her eye too lingered on Mark, and the man knew all too well what she was doing.

"You're no better than me. Staring at me like a vulture. You're harassing me." He stated promptly causing Melody's eyes to both open up to fully take him in.

Her eyebrows perked up as her lips tugged into a small smile looking at Mark and his washboard abs not leaving much for the imagination, "Melody."

Mark's grin got even wider knowing he had hooked his bait, "Mark. Melody and Mark, we rhyme. I bet we sound even better in my bed." He slid over enough so their bare legs touched and his mouth was to her ear, "Why don't we head back to my room, or yours. I wouldn't mind doing the walk of shame for you." His voice lowered in her ear, he deliberately even blew a hot breath of air on her neck.

Shivers when down Melody's spine as she turned her head ever so slightly towards Mark who only looked at her with eyes of lust. He noticed her slight squirm underneath his gaze which fueled his confidence even more.

"Not even five minutes in this hot tub and you're already trying to get into my pants." She whispered back unconsciously matching his tone, "Do you do this often with guests here?" Melody attempted to play cool, but in reality, her stomach swished and flipped around.

Mark flashed her his million dollars smile, "You would be my first victim." There was a pause as he watched the gears turn in her head, "Come on baby, you're so tense. I can loosen you up a bit before tomorrow."

Melody listened, not minding the idea of the mysterious man Mark giving her a good time, but she still wasn't completely on board yet.

"Are you always this horny?" She questioned as her smile grew bigger, more teasingly.

Mark shrugged moving his lips away from Melody's ear, giving her room to breathe, "Only with pretty blondes who I know will be worth my time."

Melody stared at his face for a second, now her head is fully turned towards him, "I'm wet." She hinted looking down at the water.

"I have that effect on people, babe."

The woman's face lit up like a firework, "No!" She shouted in a hushed tone, completely taken off guard, "My bathing suit. I'll get the sheets wet." She stated with a deep breath, trying to contain herself.

"That's why we hotels provide showers." He responded as if it was the only logical answer.

Melody's eyes narrow at him, "Floor?"

"Thirty, yours?"

"Twenty-five."

"Room?"

"Two-oh-five."

The pair stared at each other. Melody wore her stern face while Mark smiled knowing she would come back to his hotel room with him.

Then without a word, the two ushered each other to the elevator with laughter and giggles, attempting to contain themselves but failing.

Once the pair entered into the elevator Melody couldn't contain herself. She grabbed Mark by the hair and pulled him downwards to meet her lips as soon as those silver doors closed.

His eyes widened at her sudden boldness that was nonexistent in the hot tub, but he quickly responded by place his hands on her lower back.

Mark bit down on her lip with a grin as she opened up her eyes to look into his. Her own smile formed on her lips as his arm snaked around her back, flipping her around to his side. His arm rested on her waist looking up.

Confused, Melody was about to speak up until the doors slid open revealing the thirtieth floor. A sly grin appeared on Mark's face, "You were too busy being horny. Someone had to pay attention." He winked grabbing her hand and leading her directly to his room.

As soon as the door shut, let's just say the neighbors placed a noise complaint...many times.