Chapter .03

"Doctor Tyler! Welcome to the first day on the job. How has it been treating you?" Richard Webber shouted while Derek walked beside him wearing a warm smile directed at Melody.

Melody smiled back at Webber and Derek as she held up a clipboard, "Lots of paperwork. You made it seem I only had to sign that one piece of paper in your office." She rose her left eyebrow questioning the Chief.

"Ha!" Shepherd shouted, "You got her with that trick too?" He asked the Chief glancing over at him. Webber only merely shrugged and walked off before the surgeons could question his hiring skills. Derek looked back at the woman and stuck his hand out, "It's okay, he did that to me too when I first came here. Derek Shepherd, Head of Nero."

The woman smiled taking his hand and took note of how attractive he was, "Melody Tyler, attending in Plastics."

"Nice meeting you. I have to get going but I'm sure we'll work together, yeah?" The man with black hair waved off as Melody waved back watching him escort himself to the elevator.

Her eyes averted back to her paperwork, making her groan. As she filled it out she chewed on her thumbnail writing and answering stupid questions making her question why she had to do this.

On the upper floor of the hospital sat Mark and Callie, "You can't be serious." Callie called out watching Mark lay on the couch in a daze, "You're Mark Sloan. Nurses United Against Mark Sloan...Mark Sloan!"

Mark shook his head, "I'm pussy whipped, Torres. Oh my god, I'm so screwed." He placed his hand on his chin, contemplating his life.

"No." Callie shook her head standing up, "This mystery woman can't be all that. You can't be dreaming about her!" She attempted to help her friend but he just lay on the couch like a therapy session.

The man shook his head again, "I have never once in my life, dreamed about a woman after sleeping with them. Never once Callie. I fantasize but never dreamed while sleeping. We talked for hours after sex. Hours Callie...I'm Mark Sloan." He stood up from his position, "I'm the Mark Sloan." He repeated like it was some groundbreaking medical discovery.

"You are Mark Sloan," Callie stated as her pager went off, "and since you are Mark Sloan, I will be going to do a consult." The woman whipped around towards the door, but before she could open it, Melody walked in with her bag and scrubs in hand.

"Oh!" Melody squealed out of fear at the sudden face in her face, "Oh- I'm so sorry!" She blurted throwing her hands up in the air. Force of habit of hers.

Callie jumped up and moved out of the way, "Oh, I'm sorry!" She blurted, but quickly regained her composure realizing who it was, "Aren't you are new Plastics attending?" The woman asked as Melody stepped inside.

Mark looked over to spot the woman that haunted his dreams, he groaned, laying down and rolling over putting his back towards the woman.

Melody glanced over at the man and her mouth dropped slightly, she could recognize that head of hair anywhere.

Her eyes widened and she gave Torres a big smile that looked...almost creepy, "Yep! Doctor Melody Tyler. Lovely meeting you..."

"Doctor Callie Torres." Callie mumbled looking between the two before the puzzle pieces clicked and her eyes widened with Melody, "Oh- yes! Lovely meeting you too Doctor Tyler! Yep! Lovely!" Torres rushed out of the lounge, scared of the new information she had just learned.

As the door clicked closed Melody grabbed a pillow from the chair and threw it at Mark's back making him pop up from his position.

Before he could speak, Melody spoke, "You knew I worked here! You knew! You knew you asshole!" She shouted throwing her bag and new pair of navy scrubs onto the floor out of anger.

"Ah, see before you start-"

"You knew!" She stomped her foot onto the ground, her hair bouncing around in the new curls she had created this morning, "Before I even stepped in here you knew it was me. You hid. You are a hider!" Melody grabbed another pillow and threw it at him, this time, he caught it.

"I think you're being a little dramatic." Mark stated in a calm voice, "What are you going to do? Join Nurses United Against Mark Sloan too?"

Melody squinted her eyes shaking her head in confusion, "What are you talking about?"

"Nothing." He responded without missing a beat, "Look, it was fun. A lot of fun actually," A smile appeared on his face recalling the night, "but if it makes you feel any better, we can pretend like it never happened."

Melody's eyes stayed squinted, staring him down as if looks could kill.

"Or, we can go to the on-call room and-"

"You're terrible!" Melody shouted, "Terrible, inappropriate, unprofessional, and impossible." Her face was flushed from all the yelling and embarrassment.

Mark's lips turned into a grin, "Wow, you're hot when you're mad. Kind of a turn-on. Flushed in the face, your hair, your-"

"Out!" The woman huffed and puffed pointing out the door since she ran out of pillows to throw, "Out! Out! Out!" Mark bit back his laughter as he rushed out the door before he had a chair thrown at his head.

As the door slammed shut, Shepherd, Webber, and Bailey stood outside the door all staring at Mark who just simply smiled, "Enjoying the show?"

* * *

After one embarrassing outburst later, Melody had recomposed herself and met all of the fellows, residents, and interns.

She even had a couple of interns herself following her around since it was a teaching hospital, something she had to get used to. While checking charts, Alex Karev entered into her prefuneral vison.

"Doctor Tyler, Alex Karev. I have an interest in plastics." The cocky man stated, holding his hand out.

Melody glanced up from her chart, "What does that have to do with me?"

"Well, I saw you had a nerve transplant on the board and I was wondering if I could scrub-"

"No." Her voice was blunt, the woman didn't even bother to look up, "Aren't you with Nero today, Doctor Karev?" The doctor recalled from checking the board in the attending's lounge.

"Yes, but-"

"Then don't ask." And with that, the pretty woman walked away with two interns trailing behind her like lost puppies.

Alex glanced over at Meredith and Cristina who only laughed.

"That was pathetic, she didn't even look at you. She hates you." Meredith teased, leaning on the nurse's station with a pen in hand.

"Hey! At least I'm not sleeping with my ex while he dates other people."

"At least hers didn't leave her at the alter." Yang butted in, sighing very pathetically.

A pause sat between the three friends, "If it makes you feel any better, I heard her and Mark had a screaming match in the attending lounge." Meredith replied, wiggling her eyebrows at Cristina.

Yang sighed, "Thank you."