Chapter .12

Melody

This is the most ridiculous situation I have ever been in. I sat on Meredith's couch with Derek, he mopped around over something he won't talk about and I recovered quickly. Well, I am recovering the best I can with two men entering the house every hour to check on me. 

Mark or Joey? 

Joey or Mark? 

Mark or Joey? 

Derek about had enough of it and so did I. 

Every time Mark would visit he would tell Derek that Izzie sent him to check on me. He lied to his face every hour and insisted that Izzie is a cruel woman when she's angry, which is partly true. 

"You smell." I groaned on the other side of the couch, wearing the same pajama bottoms I had on yesterday. My favorite pink checkered bottoms my mother got me for Christmas one year. 

Derek groaned back, "You haven't changed in three days."

"You smell because you are withering away." I retorted, "I don't smell because I'm bright and recovering. Go take a shower for god's sake. You don't look good with facial hair either." This happened every couple of hours or so. I would insult him about his appearance, he would insult me about my pajamas, and then the worst part comes which is, 

"You're bright and recovering because you have two men pampering you." Derek spat harshly before shoving a pillow in his face, blocking out the bright light that escaped through the bottom of the blinds. 

I rolled my eyes, rolling over to the coffee table and snatching up a box of cereal, "Mark doesn't have a choice," I lied, "and Joey is apparently in love with me which is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I mean who does he think he is? He could've told me this information before I left California, but no. I'm conflicted now because I like another guy, and don't ask who it is because I'm not telling you."

"I wasn't asking." His voice muffled from the pillow. 

"I mean I really like this other guy." I ignored his claim as I shoved more cereal in my mouth, "I think I do, but he's a total jackass! Both of them are actually. Do I go out to eat or do I stick with the old leftovers in the fridge? This is a very important decision. Old guy or new guy?"  

Derek slowly moved the pillow from his face, looking at me, "Do you ever shut up?" He hissed before placing the pillow back where it was before. 

He has been acting like this since I got here. All moody. If I didn't know any better I would assume he was on his period or something. At first, his words did hurt, but now I'm over it. I'm so over it that I want to kick his ass out of his emo cloud, but I can't. Meredith said something bad did happen, but he won't tell me a thing. 

Besides, it doesn't give him the right to act like this. 

"You are terrible for morale. Did you know that?" 

"Don't care." 

Before I could send another insult at Derek, the doorbell rang meaning someone unwanted is back. Joey rings the doorbell while Mark just walks into the house like he owns the place. I'm guessing in about five minutes Mark will show up too, or maybe three? 

"Don't let him-"

"Come in!" I shouted cutting Derek off, he sent me a glare. 

"I thought you didn't like him?" He whispered over to me as the front door clicked open.

I shrugged, "He brings us food, Derek. I need something better than cereal." I waved around the bright yellow box causing Derek to roll his eyes. 

Drama queen much? 

"Melody," Joey started, walking into the living room with a box of the takeout, score, "how are you feeling?" His eyes are filled with the same worry that they held an hour ago. 

I smiled, slightly annoyed at how persistent he is being. When this happened on the first day I felt flattered, fuzzy even, but when it happens over and over and over, it gets a little old. 

"The same way I felt an hour ago, fine." 

"I brought you some food. Oh, and you too Derek since both of you are here." Joey smiled back, placing the food on the coffee table, "I'll go get some forks." Then he walked out of the living room and into the kitchen. 

Derek eyed the white bag with a big smiley face, "I still hate him." 

I hummed, "Yeah, I know." 

Suddenly the front door clicked open again, and Mark appears with a bag, "I brought some real food for you, Mel. Izzie's instructions." He lied loudly. As I  poked my head from over the couch Mark's eyes trail over to the white bag that smiled at him, "You have got to be kidding me." 

"Ah, you're here." Joey huffed, entering in with three forks in his hand, "How unfortunate." It was like I was watching a soap opera, but it was two men bickering about who brings better food. 

As the two men went at it, I glanced over at Derek who was already digging through the smiling bag, checking to see what Joey bought us. 

What a mess. 

"You don't know her like I do." Joey retorted loudly, catching my attention but my eyes stayed on Derek, scared of what I might find when I look in front of him.

Mark scoffed as Derek pulled out a box of noodles, nodding to himself slightly in approval, "Oh, please. She's my friend." More like friends with benefits, "I think you're pushing a false narrative here." 

I sighed, keeping my eyes on Derek. He picked up his box of noodles, walked over to Joey, and snatched out a fork from his hands. Joey didn't even notice due to his heated argument with Mark.

Derek on the other hand went over to the wall, leaned on it, and watched the show as he shoved noodles in his mouth. If I could, I would walk away from this bickering and lock myself in the bathroom. 

"You're acting like it's my fault I like her!" My mouth dropped and my eyes widen hearing Mark. 

"Well, I love her!" Joey shouted back. 

The cover is officially blown. 

Derek stopped eating his noodles and placed them down on the nearest table, as Joey kept on hitting Mark with insults. Then, slowly, Derek walked in between the two men, "What did you just say, Mark?" 

This can't be good, "I was meaning to tell you this man," Mark started with a sigh, "I and Melody have been seeing each other. I wanted to-" Mark's voice was cut off by Derek punching him square in the face. 

A loud gasp escaped my lips as Mark threw back another punch. 

"Derek. Mark. Stop!" 

* * * 

Authors Note: 

hi everyone!! i just quickly wanted to say thank you for 1k reads!! 

love you lots xoxo.