Chapter .07

"Mark," Derek greeted his friend at the bar, taking a seat beside him, "you look lonely. Having trouble getting laid?"

Doctor Sloan scoffed, taking a sip of his drink, "No. I don't have trouble getting laid. I'm Mark damn Sloan!"

The man with the hair perked his eyebrows up taking a sip of his drink, "Let me guess," he took a deep breath setting his drink down, "she turned you down and you don't know how to take rejection."

It's funny because Derek was right on the nose, he is with everything, especially anything involving Mark.

The two men watched the table containing Karev, Meredith, Melody, George, Izzie, and Cristina. The group laughed together at George telling some story the men could not hear.

Derek watched Meredith while Mark watched Melody.

"She heard me call her a piece of ass." Sloan groaned as Derek laughed, "I'm an ass. It sucks because she would have a real conversation with me instead of trying to pull down my waistband all the time."

Derek furrowed his eyebrows looking over at Mark who just kept on watching Melody laugh. She was laughing so hard she had tears in her eyes, and a hint of jealousy hit him in the chest.

He wanted to make her laugh like that, not stupid O'Malley who cheated on his best friend Callie. She doesn't deserve a cheater, nor does she deserve Mark Sloan but he felt indifferent.

"You're stupid. If you really like her, you'll leave her alone." Derek reached for his drink and paused thinking, "Actually, just don't even talk to her anymore."

Mark scrunched up his nose looking over at his buddy, "What's got your panties in a twist about Tyler? I thought you and Grey figured it out or is the sex that bad?"

Derek's face fell looking at Mark's facial expression, "I and Meredith are perfect. She built me a house out of candles. Our house, out of candles. Sex is great. Since Meredith built our house out of candles, I'm staying at her place, and Melody spends the night at times.

"She comes into Meredith's bed in the middle of the night while I'm in the bed. We get into a gossip girl talk like teenagers and before I know it we are talking about boys, you. She's like the older sister Meredith never had, and I don't want you messing with Meredith. She's like a scared deer, all factors in her life count." He pointed his finger into Mark's face, "You're only going to hurt Meredith's older sister at the end of the day. So drop it."

"Girl talk has really gotten to you," Mark mumbled under his breath looking back over to Melody. He knew he should stay away from her, he knew better, but he couldn't.

He would try, for Derek, but he couldn't promise anything.

* * *

Melody lay on her fluffy bed late at night in her hotel room, it was around two in the morning. She sat, with millions of questions and thoughts running through her head. Mostly about the manwhore Mark Sloan.

She sat up in bed, chewing on her thumbnail and staring at the clock on the wall. She tried to study and she tried to watch TV, but all she could think about was Sloan.

Sloan and his...little Sloan.

Melody grabbed the pillow beside her and shoved it in her face, letting out a little scream in the process.

The idea that popped inside her head is something she was going to regret, but she needed him out of her head.

Her idea?

Go down to his room, knock on the door, have an overload of Sloan, and then never think of his stupid face again.

That was the plan.