~6~

All the Bridgertons entered the new wing of Somerset House, which was being opened to the public because of its new addition to the house, pertaining to an art gallery. And a large one, at that. The youngest siblings looked in awe at their surroundings before running off, leaving a trail of giggling behind.

"Miss Anna Vaughn," Violet said, making her way to Anthony, referring to a young woman in the distance. "Speaks several languages, I hear." She nodded her head towards another lady. "Miss Mary Egglesfield: she's meant to be quite the reader."

So is Eleanora.

Anthony paid no heed to what his mother continued to say, as she attempted to arrange a courting for her eldest.

"Were I looking for a list of debutantes and their dubious accomplishments, I could have stayed home and read Lady Whistledown." With that, Anthony walked off and proceeded to scan the room to find Eleanora. "Thank heavens I found you," he said as he approached her. He found her gazing in front of a large painting of what looked like two forbidden lovers grazing hands.

"Hm?" she said, startled from Anthony appearing out of no where.

"My mother was just listing me the dubious accomplishments of women I have no interest in making acquaintance with," said Anthony, standing beside Eleanora as she continuing gazing at the painting in front of her.

"This piece is extraordinary," she said, refusing to take her eyes off it as she shook her head in amusement. "I will forever ponder how these artists manage to make the people look so realistic. The dedication it must take. The emotion they showcase."

Anthony was never one for art - it was always Benedict's forte - but Eleanora praising in awe about a masterpiece she was fond of would never bore him; something he had just learned about himself.

Eleanora took her eyes off the painting, turning to Anthony; she was still gazing at a masterpiece before herself. "Does art make you feel, Anthony?"

Anthony furrowed his eyes in response to the question. "Not that I can say, no."

"Then, I shall make it my challenge for you to find a painting that makes you feel."

Anthony offered his arm, and Eleanora took it as they began walking around the perimeter of the main room. "And what is it I should be feeling when I know what I'm looking at?"

Before Eleanora could answer the viscount's question, the crowd around them gasped, and the two went to the source of the sound. Everyone was crowding around Cressida Cowper, who was laying on the floor and the prince of Prussia was helping her up.

"What happened?" Eleanora asked a nearby lady.

"Cressida swooned," she answered.

"And Prince Freidrich caught her," the woman next to the first added, almost envious of Cressida's position.

The prince was holding Cressida (who was posing theatrically with her hand on her head) as he took Mrs. Cowper's fan and began fanning her with it.

Eleanora quietly scoffed, and Anthony was the only one who heard it. "Is the 'swoon' too predictable, Nora?" he smirked.

~~~

"You finished! How lovely!" Violet said with a smile after Daphne finished her song on the pianoforte.

Eleanora listened to the piece as she read, which almost gave her a euphoric feeling. For the past few days, Daphne had only been playing the same few notes over and over, irritating Eloise and causing a few disputes between the two sisters, but Eleanora was thankful that that was finally resolved.