~15~

"She is pompous and arrogant, and quite sure she knows best in every situation," Anthony grunted out as he fenced with Colin in their courtyard, while Benedict stood beside Eleanora, who was sitting on the bench.

She decided to watch the Bridgerton brothers fence to change up her daily schedule, and seeing Colin repeatedly beat a distracted Anthony was certainly amusing for the woman; especially since he was feeling so sore about Kate and her overbearing manner over Edwina.

"She sounds like a terrible nuisance," Colin said dryly, exchanging a look towards Benedict and Eleanora.

"Yes, I'm aware of the type all too well . . . almost as if we live with someone like that," Eleanora smirked, making Benedict chuckle.

Clearly in a bout of frustration, Anthony thrusted his foil repeatedly at Colin, before the two reset.

"Especially since you are the one who knows best in every situation," Benedict pointed out.

Colin repetitively thrusted at Anthony, who used his foil to defer Colin's blow, before knocking Colin's foil out of his hand.

"And the victor of every match today," Colin chimed in.

"My, my, Anthony. I've never seen a woman get you in such a rut before," Eleanora drawled incredulously.

"Less talking, more fencing. Brother," Anthony said, motioning for Benedict to take place of Colin.

"Ready?" Benedict said to his older brother, internally knowing he was going to lose the match.

"Do you know why I win every time?" Anthony asked his sparring opponent, his eyes glaring in the sun.

"Certainly not from those god-awful ugly pants, I'll tell you that," Eleanora chimed in, waving her fan at Anthony's fencing outfit, who ignored her.

"Because every time you lose, you claim we cheated," Benedict answered.

"Because I know my duties," Anthony continued, as they reset. "What my purposes are, and how to obtain them; which I will do when I make Miss Edwina my viscountess." With that, he landed a blow with his foil to Benedict's thigh, once again, resetting. "Miss Edwina and I are well-suited," Anthony continued, contently. "She is a lovely young lady. She wishes for children. She'll make a perfectly agreeable wife."

"What he means to say," Benedict said with a smirk, "Is that he has already dismissed every other young lady in town." Visibly he was having fun taunting Anthony.

"You take too much upon yourself, Brother," Colin chimed in. "Perhaps your life might be easier if you pursued someone with a less disagreeable sister."

"Or no sister at all!" Benedict retorted. He whistled through his lips and nodded his head towards Eleanora, in reference to marrying her.

She caught his motion, her mouth agape in offense. "Benedict Bridgerton!" she scoffed. "Besides, I'd rather gauge my eyes out with salad forks than marry Anthony . . . no offense."

"Why should I be the one to admit defeat?!" Anthony snapped, angrily making his way towards Colin and completely disregarding the match. Out of breath, he walked back to Benedict, now both in a fencing stance, and Benedict thrusted his foil before Anthony completely disregarded him again, saying to Colin and Eleanora, "Regardless of which young lady I have chosen to pursue, there would've always been some obstinate father, or meddlesome aunt in the picture. I shall certainly not let some sister, especially one younger than me, keep me from getting what it is I want!"

"Whom you want, you mean?" Benedict pointed out, striking Anthony in his abdomen.

"Is this still a friendly match, or do we need to find some armor?" Eleanora asked, earning a glare from Anthony. "But then again, what would I know about a match of fencing," she added, rolling her eyes.