Chapter 3- So Much More Than This

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. '" — Jeremiah 29:11
~Aniyah
-------------------------------------------------------

"Hello?"

His voice was clear and deep.

Speak Aniyah....

"Hi, um this is Aniyah Williams." my voice came out a bit shaky.

"Yes, Ms. Williams...."

"You can call me Aniyah, and i'm calling to accept your offer."

"Oh really, well I'm glad to hear that Aniyah. Is tomorrow at 9am a good time?"

"Yes that works perfectly, Ill see you tomorrow." I didn't wanna further the conversation. This guy has been living in my head all day. My guard has to stay up. I am going to discuss dad and that's it.

"I'll see you tomorrow..., and bring the letter." He hung up.

How does he know about the letter.....

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Open it. All I have to do is open it.

Its not that hard Aniyah. Open the letter and get it over with.

I'm sitting on the edge of my bed, staring at the white envelope on my dresser. I've avoided this for too long.

Welp.

I laid back down, staring at my ceiling. Ignoring the envelope on my dresser. Death is a funny thing, you don't realize how much you need a person till they are gone.

I've found myself calling my dad's phone many times in the last week, just to hear his voicemail. My dad is gone. I didnt even cry, accept the terrible breakdown I had in the elevator.

Eventually I fell asleep, then the dream came...

I had to have been 15 or 16 at the time. It's midnight, everyone is asleep. I couldn't sleep, hence I was baby sitting Keziah who was 4 at the time, she just went to sleep, so I went downstairs for a glass of water.

"You take care of this..."

I was barely down the stairs when I heard dad's voice. He was at the front door, his back turned to me. It's pitch dark, who is he talking too...

"Yes, Mr. Williams, I know mom will be back but Elijah needs diapers and there wasn't any food in the house I didn't know what to do." The voice was small and the boy was crying.

"It's okay Amare, and you're so strong for taking all of this by yourself, take this bag of clothes and put this money away, and you know you can call if things get worse. My house is always available to you and your little brother."

"Thank you Mr. Williams."

"Come here son let's pray.... Heavenly Father we ask that you will grant Amare with strength to continue. Allow his mom to come back home and let go of the  curse of alcoholism, allow her to find her way again. We ask that you will allow all the things to work towards these boys good."

Then he left.

"AMARE?" I nearly screamed as I woke up. How could i be so stupid.

The sense of familiarity, his eyes always screaming remembrance. It makes sense now.