Chapter 14- Genesis

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters."
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:1-2‬ ‭NLT‬‬
-Aniyah
_______________________________

I stood in front of my office suite door.

I don't want to do this...

I opened the door and it's empty. All the decor is gone, all office desks are clear, and all of the pictures are off the walls.

This space use to be my happy place, now it's clear and for sale. I grabbed the box containing the rest of the decor I had on my desk. Emani, my assistant, (well now ex-assistant) stands next to me. She placed her hand on my shoulder. We took one more look around and closed the door.

"What are you going to do now for work?" I asked her. A pang of guilt stabbed me, I'm the reason she doesn't have a job anymore.

"I'll figure it out, I could go work with Malachi at his physical therapy office."

Malachi. I haven't heard from him or thought about him since he spent the night at my house.
________________________________

We eventually made it to the parking garage. I
hugged her and we said our goodbyes.

This business has been my purpose for a long time and now that's it's about to be gone, I don't know what to do with myself.

I'm headed over to the park to meet Amare. We're having our picnic today.

He told me not to worry about anything and he would handle everything, I'm curious to see what he did.

Today I put on a pair of leggings and a sweater. It's still the beginning of fall and the leaves are finally turning shades of red,brown, and orange.

The park is quiet since it's still early morning.It's the same park we always meet at. I remember the night I first met with him here.

I walked through the park to the grass area. I seen Amare about a few yards away, he was hovering over something, he looked frustrated.

When I got close I saw he had a white blanket down and roses were spread over it. A big brown picnic basket was open. He saw me and jumped.

"ANIYAH! I wasn't ready!" He sighed and plopped down on the grass in defeat.

This man...

"Amare I'm sorry! It looks so nice you did good!" I laughed and reached my hand out to him to help him stand back up.

He sighed. "You really like it?"

"Of course." I smiled and reached up to kiss his cheek.

"Well have a seat, let me treat you."

I sat down on the blanket and he handed me a rose.

"I got us some fruit and subs, something simple." He told me while handing me a glass tuber-wear bowl full of fruit."

"Thank you."

He sat down with me and I looked at him...admiring him.

I pulled one of his locs to the side, out of his face.

"You cleared out the office this morning?" He asked me with a concerned face.

"Yeah it's cleared out, I thought I would be sad but, it's kind of freeing. I have just one more client before I completely close for now. It's the mayors new house uptown."