Chapter 19- Let It Flow

A few weeks later....

"You like these Keziah?"  I held up a pair of black ripped jeans.

"That hole in them jeans is too big. Your whole leg going to be out Auntie. Absolutely not." She said as she looked at the pants in disgust and walked away.

We are in the mall, shopping. I decided to take her out today.

She's been spending so much time with her dad I feel like I never see her.

Jacob has been over a lot. He's becoming so close to all of us really. He comes in town every other weekend to see her. She still hasn't met his family but we're taking it slow.

We will cross that bridge when it comes.

Everything with Amare and I is going great. Chloe and Elijah is fine and everything at the church is going well. I'm setting up my office this week. My dad's belongings is still in there, it's going to be very emotional for me to pack all his things up but my mom offered to help me.

I paid for all of our clothes and now I'm taking her home.

I was almost to Salome's house when I got a call from her.

"Hey, you mind dropping Keziah off to her grandmas house. Her dad called and said he was over there. I'll come and pick her up later."

"Well I guess that's fine. Send me the address."

She sent the address and I recognized it immediately. It's the mayors house. His wife is the last client I'm working with.

"Wow." Keziah said in awe as she looked up at the giant white mansion. It is gorgeous.

I've been working on the interior of the home for the last three months with Mrs. Rowe.

Mrs. Rowe was already outside trimming her giant rose bushes. She was wearing a garden apron and her silver silky long hair was in a braid. She recognized my car and a bright smile came across her face. We got out and met her at the door.

"Aniyah dear, what a surprise, I'm actually expecting my grand..." She stopped talking when she noticed Keziah standing next to me.

Jacob came outside and grabbed Keziah and spun her around. Mrs. Rowe looked at me and I nodded. "This would be your granddaughter, my niece."

"Goodness..."

When Jacob put Keziah down he brought her over and introduced her to her grandmother. I snuck away and gave them privacy.

I knew the house pretty well. Since it was the last one I would be working with, I decided to put my all into it. The check I will receive when this is done is enough to finally get a house.

A giant chandelier hung from the 30ft high ceiling and a spiral staircase wraps around it leading you to the second story.

"Thank you for bringing her over." Jacob said behind me.

"It's no problem." I turned around and looked over his shoulder and saw Keziah helping Mrs. Rowe with the flowers. I can tell they will have a beautiful relationship.

I sat and talked with Jacob a while. He explained that Mr. Rowe, his dad, is at a city meeting. Eventually Mrs. Rowe and Keziah came inside.

"Aniyah darling. While your here, let's talk about these drapes." Mrs. Rowe said, asking me to follow her to the dinning room.

   •••••
Amare P.O.V

I'm at Salome's house. Why I'm here without Aniyah is a good question.

I think it's time to ask her... and who better to talk to about it with then Tevin.

Well, I could think of 20 other people I could tell then Tevin but since he's the next thing to a father figure for Aniyah I wanted his opinion. Not his permission. Tevin knows I'll take care of his sister but if I ask her to be my girl without talking to him about it, I'll have another problem on my hands.

"Tevin bro, why are you never at school." We're in Salome's living room watching the game.

"That's a good question, we can talk about it later, now what's this about." He said crossing his legs like he's a therapist or something.

"How did you know Mahogany was the one?" I asked him.

He looked at me suspiciously. "I knew Mo was the one because God said so. I just felt it. I ain't take no girl serious in my life but she makes me want to settle down and have a little house on the hill or however the saying goes."

I laughed at him. "Yeah man I get it."

"You ain't tryna get with my sister or nothing are you?"

We stared at each other.

"Maybe."

"Bout time!!!" He hoped up and started jumping up and down praising God.

"Hallelujah!"

He ran over to me and dapped me up. "That's what I'm talking bout!"

"Umm okay...."

"It took you long enough Amare, when you going to ask?"

"That's the thing. I don't know, and I want it be special. I want to show her I care."

He leaned in close, "I think I know the perfect way."

🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮
Word count: 901

Thank y'all for reading! I've been going through a few things so pray for your girl! I promise to be more active and I have so much in store for you all. This was just a filler chapter for what's to come next. God bless y'all ❤️❤️❤️❤️