Chapter 18- Harvest

"One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭27:4‬ ‭KJV
‬‬
~Aniyah P.O.V
___________________________________

"Hello?"

All of us are over at my moms house. The kids were upstairs and Salome just got a call from Jacob out of the blue.

"Oh. Okay, yes I understand. Text me the address and we'll be there."

She hung up.

"Oh my G-" Salome said before she got cut off.

"Hey! You better not." My mom said sternly. She doesn't play about us using Gods name in vain.

"I'm sorry but he said he wants to see her and now, he said he wants to take her out the zoo while he's in town. He wanted their first meeting to be something fun so it's no pressure or awkwardness you know." Salome said. She looked nervous but I could tell she's happy.

It's been a few weeks. We haven't heard from Jacob since he stormed out of the cafe.

"Well. What are we waiting for." Kevene said, trying to sound positive.

"Y'all go ahead and go home and get her ready." My mom said happily.

Kevene came over to me. "Aniyah I hate to ask you this but I need someone to watch the boys. It's a lot going on right now and I can't take care of Kamiah and all three of the boys alone, while Salome is out with Keziah and her um dad." He said, saying the last part with a hint of spite in his voice.

See, I love my nephews but it's a lot of them and they are the definition of crazy, but for Kevene and Salome I'll do it.

"Yeah I'll watch them for you. I'll just take them to my apartment and hopefully they will behave." I said.

We looked at each other and bust out laughing.

"Yeah you have fun with that. Hopefully they will behave, I expect better from you Aniyah." Kevene said walking away laughing.

By now Salome and Kevene left with the girls, leaving the boys behind upstairs. Random bangs on the walls and sounds of running echoed through my moms house.

I sat in the living room with my mom. She's watching tv and all I can think about is Amare.

We kissed just 17 days ago.

Yes I'm counting. Since then we've hung out everyday. We've talked more and more. He even opened up to me about his mom. It's been almost three months since we've met but I want that three months to last forever.

"Aniyah?"

"Yes mommy." I looked over to her.

She smiled. "You thinking about that boy huh?"

"Mom, stop it." I told her as I blushed.

"You know. He's the one."

I know that.

"Mom it's only been two and a half months, let me get to know him more."

"Im just saying...I've watched Amare grow up. He's been through a lot you know and your dad adored him. You two would be a perfect match."

"How did you know dad was the one?"

She smiled. "Well, God told me. We only knew each other for two months when we got married. Everyone called us crazy but God told us to do it and it felt right."