Chapter 8: Selfless, Brave, and True

Evie's eyes soon flashed open as her alarm began to ring from her phone before she sat up and grabbed her phone to turn off her alarm. "...What a very odd dream..." she then murmured to herself before she rolled out of bed and went to get ready for the day.

At the Blanchard loft, David appeared to be getting ready to give a breakfast tray to Mary Margaret before he was suddenly stopped.

"Breakfast in bed? Seriously?" Emma asked him once he noticed that.

"What happened has been really hard on Mary Margaret," David insisted. "The least we can do is make sure she's eating."

"I think it's time to give the hot cocoa and the foot massages a rest. It's time to haul her ass out of bed and get her to move past this." Emma suggested assertively.

"That's a little harsh, don't you think?" David replied. "She took Cora's life." he then added as a reminder.

Henry soon came downstairs suddenly. "Is everything okay?" he then asked.

"Everything's fine, kid," Emma replied. "Get your coat, we're gonna be late."

"Bye, Gramps." Henry nodded and spoke to David before he suddenly left.

"I know you think that she needs our help, but at the end of the day, she's the only one who can help herself." Emma soon told David before she left.

Mary Margaret then suddenly popped up from behind the island in the kitchen. "Good morning." she then greeted David.

"Hey. Morning. I made you some eggs, but if you're craving something else, we can go to Granny's," David smiled. "Unless you have other plans?"

"I thought I'd head out to the woods, actually," Mary Margaret replied. "I need to think things through."

"Let me come with you." David offered.

"David, I need to do this alone. And you have things to do," Mary Margaret said, stopping him. "I know you've been looking forward to working in the bean fields."

"Yeah. Yeah, Anton says we might have a crop soon," David admitted with a nod. "And once we do, we can go home. And none of what happened will matter. It will all be in the past."

"I used Regina to kill her own mother," Mary Margaret said softly. "I don't think going back will erase that."

"Mary Margaret..." David frowned thoughtfully.

"Please. Give me time." Mary Margaret told him.

David was still hesitant, but he decided to allow that.

Emma and Henry soon made it over to Granny's Inn to see a certain man and woman who were there after being given rooms and settling into Storybrooke after their misadventure in New York City.

"Hey! It's the Henrinator~" Goldie smirked a little.

"Hey, buddy!" Neal beamed as his estranged son ran up to him and the two shared a hug together. "How are you?" he then asked.

"I'm good. I brought this," Henry replied before he showed his storybook. "I thought you could tell me what it was really like over there."

"Sounds great," Neal nodded. "I'll tell you what, why don't you run into the diner, get us four hot cocoas and we'll dive in?"

"If you don't mind my company as well of course." Goldie added with a friendly smile.

Henry nodded and he soon dashed off to go and do just that.

"I'm gonna have to take a rain check on that." Emma soon said suddenly.

"What? But why?" Goldie asked.