Chapter 10: Dee Dee the Dancing Queen

It was another typical day in Storybrooke. Henry didn't have much going on for himself, so he made a special request this morning in town to his maternal grandfather, David, who was soon giving him a ride over somewhere he asked to be on the way to somewhere else.

"Dee Dee! You're gonna be late for dance class!" Nova called out and reminded her adoptive daughter. "And don't forget your slippers either otherwise you'll have to sit out dancing!"

"Coming, Mama Nova!" Dee Dee called back from her new bedroom.

"Oh, Leroy. I feel so nervous, can you help me out today?" Nova asked the man at the table nervously as he was getting his pic-axe ready. "I have to go into the elementary school for my interview about being the new Arts & Crafts teacher."

"Hey, don't sweat it, Nova," Leroy replied with a small smile. "If anyone can be great at teaching that, it's you. Besides, you always struck me as a 'borderline artistic' type."

Nova rolled her eyes before smirking. "Is that supposed to be a joke?" she then asked.

"...I don't think so?" Leroy shrugged, unaware of the joke he just made.

Nova just smirked a bit before she looked at the time on her wristwatch. "Dee Dee, please hurry up!" she then called out again. "Maybe you should have a snack too."

"I'm right here! And that's okay, Mama Nova," Dee Dee replied as she stepped downstairs with her bag for dance class. "Ballerinas don't normally eat right before a performance anyway."

"They should when they're growing young girls." Leroy advised.

"At least have a sandwich or something." Nova added with a small smile.

"Oh, okay... One quick sandwich..." Dee Dee said, going to make a sandwich only for Leroy to shove one in her face. "Oh. Thanks, Papa Leroy."

"Mind your mother, Diamond." Leroy suggested.

"My name is Dee Dee." The girl gently reminded.

"Yeah, well, as long as you're with me and I'm with you, you'll always be my little diamond and don't let nobody tell you otherwise." Leroy replied softly.

"Thanks, Papa Leroy~" Dee Dee beamed as she took the sandwich and soon bit into it.

Nova smiled warmly as they were slowly beginning to feel like a real family now. Dee Dee made sure to eat quickly but also not too fast while enjoying the sandwich very much.

"Just remember not to look for diamonds, jewels, or gold in the house, Leroy." Nova gently chided.

"I would do no such thing!" Leroy reassured. "Besides, everybody knows that dwarves only look for that stuff in the mines."

"And Mama Nova and the other fairies use the diamonds to make fairy dust, right?" Dee Dee piped up.

"That's right, sweetie," Nova smiled. "Well... At least I used to before I told Mother Superior I decided to pursue other career opportunities and not be restrained as a fairy."

"What's restrain?" Dee Dee asked curiously, tilting her head.

"To restrain yourself means to keep yourself from doing something." Leroy explained as he checked out his pic-axe.

"Like when Papa Leroy has to restrain himself from saying certain words especially when you're home." Nova added.

"And if he does, then he has to put a quarter in a jar as punishment." Dee Dee memorized.

"Exactly!" Nova smiled and nodded.

Leroy grumbled and rolled his eyes.

"What was that, Leroy?" Nova asked with a small smirk. "Are you wanting to donate more money to your little jar?"