Bab 20: Takut/Fear

I'm groggy, everything in my vision is smudged and I have no intention of waking up. Stupid nightmares. 

My hair's starting to grow back after I cut it at Vista Alam Motel. I tried to use it as a sleeping mask covering my eyes so I can get back to sleep. Didn't work.

I shield my vision from the morning rays coming through the window. With a prolonged groan, I leave my room. The first thing I see is a silhouette with long braids and dark skin. It sounds like it's chewing something.

"Mornin' pretty boy," the silhouette greets with a full mouth as it emerges from the end of the hall's darkness.

"You know my name's Casey, right?"

"Ah, right," she fake slaps her forehead, "I forgot. Thanks for reminding." She laughs and bumps my shoulder on her way past. I flip her off and she takes it in jest. That was partially my intention with that gesture.

That's Ramya alright. A much ruder version of Harmony. Speaking of, I wave to Harmony in her room when I walk by. She waves back with a smile. Thank God she's alive.

I go down the stairs, thinking of my family as usual. How they're probably missing me. Can Cassandra even focus on her studies right now? How would Ibu feel with her only other child running away? These thoughts race through my mind.

I almost lost Harmony. The nightmares I had last night teased me with images of her half-dead. She was struggling to even breathe. Blood leaked out of her mouth. She was calling my name over and over and over again, so fragile and weak.

Kiah made an appearance in those nightmares too. Her possessed form was horrifying. That horn, that skin... I don't think I'll ever see Kiah in a situation more petrifyi–

...

Makira's in between Kiah's legs, who in turn is sitting on top of Makira's table. They're frenching. And moaning. Loud.

I clear my throat. They stop embracing at practically light speed and do up some of their loose shirt buttons. Makira's at least a dozen feet away now from her lover. They're both standing awkwardly, trying to figure where to put their hands apart from on each other. 

"Case, it's not what it looks like–"

Oh it's exactly what it looks like. "You know what? I'll just excuse myself." 

I go up the stairs, wanting to douse my eyes and ears with sulfuric acid.

>>

I give Kiah a look. She gives me one back. I let out a small giggle at our predicament.

"If he didn't interrupt us, maybe I'd go on forever." 

Her pretty face stays red at my flirting. The euphoria rushing into my body was a feeling I'll never forget. Her moaning was music to my ears and her body was like holding onto velvet. 

Her body... I couldn't stop caressing it. The shape and softness of her breasts and her ass made it difficult for my hands to peel away. This excitement has been foreign to me for the longest time.

She fixes up her shirt and re-ties her hair. Both have been made messy by our overwhelming intimacy.

"Um... y'know, thanks... by the way. I liked it."

"Thanks?" I tease. "I should be thanking you. You're a great kisser."

Kiah gives me a half-smile back. By the stars, she's beautiful. Her bright blue eyes are like an ocean I want to get lost in for eternity. Maybe, just maybe, I've found my one and only.

I put my hand on her rose cheeks. Her pulse quickens; I can tell by my pinky finger pressing against her neck. 

"Oh my... I seem to have quite the effect on you, Kiah." I pull her in by the collar and share another passionate kiss. Much shorter, in fear of being interrupted again. I wipe off the saliva on my lips and grab a hold of the purple pen nestled behind my ear. "Now unfortunately..."