Prologue

Medicaments are substances that are used for medical treatment. It comes with a lot of variety, whether solid, liquid, or even gas.

They may also differ in shape. It could be tablets, pills, capsules, patches, or implants. But above all, they contain chemical properties...

Properties that define their composition and characteristics. Indicating how they would respond inside the body.

Properties that made them special among other medicine. How effective they are and what makes them different compared to others... And—Properties that dictate their purpose as they serve as a cure for a certain illness...

I was contemplating things in my head when my phone rang loudly, which startled me, causing the pill to fall from my hand. I picked it up from the ground and put it in the nearby bin.

And this medicine didn't put in its supposed purpose.

I walked to the living room, where I left my phone.

"Heidi, papasok ka ba?" Cassiel asked from the other line as soon as I answered the call.

"Yeah, you're allowed to take surgery?" I answered as I cleaned my unit for the coming tenant later.

"Tss. No, Dr. Cabrera's asking you to be his anesthesiologist later, 4pm," She said from another line.

"Akala ko pwede ka na mag-operate," I said and continued segregating things I would keep and dispose of.

"As if. Nakakainis! I didn't study for years to be a receptionist here doing calls and basic attendant work," Pagrereklamo niya mula sa kabilang linya. I heaved a deep sigh. Here she goes again with her endless rant.

I put the phone on loud speaker and let her talk as I cleaned the unit. I need to save money for the plan I'm about to make.

My eyes caught a box at the side of the cabinet in the corner. I tried moving the cabinet, but it's so heavy I decided to pull the box instead.

I managed to pull out the box, but the things inside it scattered all over the floor due to the pressure I exerted in pulling it out.

It contains the transfers, handouts, and materials from my med school. I pick up those papers and have them back in the box. I should start compiling it and give it to some interns or kung outdated na. I guess I should just get these in the bin.

I stood up when I noticed that familiar vintage scrapbook. I picked it up and opened it. As soon as I opened it, a small box fell from it. I picked it up and tried shaking it.

I sat again on the floor and looked at the photos that contained the memories I intended to keep. It may sound lame, but I could tell that meeting him was the best thing that ever happened to me.