Chapter 11

Our class ended early and all of them wanted to take a rest that's why they decided to go to their own places, meanwhile, I decided to spend some time at the library, and as usual Maru decided to come with me.

We spend the time doing transes parts and reviewing for the Histology, good thing Bless already send her part and her drawings are just so exquisite. If she's not my classmate I would've mistaken her as an art student.

I looked at Maru who's focused on his laptop studying the curves and graphs on it, probably some sort of business related with Claude.

I get my eyes back at the transes again. Lately there's a lot of things that's been running on my head, that's why I keep my head busy by studying, it started five days ago, after meeting kuya after years of disappearance.

Every time I recall him, I have mixed emotions. He looks good and healthy which is good for him, but for some reason, I also feel mad, jealous, and envy.

Maybe because despite of accepting that he abandoned us, there was still a small hope in me that he regret what he did—but looking at him doing good without us makes me realized, I should've killed that hope of that little kid inside me long time ago.

He's now doing fine and he has no regret in leaving us. That at the end of the day, what he have is the price of his courage leaving the house, while mine is a consequence for my fear and tolerating to stay.

I could only hope that one day, I also get to have the courage to escape from my misery like both of them did.

"Heidi, uwi na tayo?" Bulong ng katabi kong si Maru. I get off from my thoughts and looked at him and the window. I just realized padilim na pala. I nod at him and he helped me collecting the books we used.

Maru knows Kuya, but for some reason I never heard any question from Maru, he tend to be really curious, but that day all he did was hand me the cinnamoroll he bought.

Palabas na kami sa building when I saw a built of a familiar man. After that encounter he also started appearing there for four consecutive days trying his chance to talk to me, but I just end up giving him silent treatment.

In the end he will just give me some words of encouragement and hand me some gifts, like bear on the first day, novel book on the second day, and blanket in the third. Now he has another paper bag on his hand.

"Olezia!" He called and walk towards us.

"Kumusta? Natagalan ka ata sa paglabas ngayon?" Tanong niya na tinapunan ko lamang ng malamig na tingin. It was an awkward silence when Maru interrupted.

"Ganun talaga pag huwarang studyante, Kuya. Nga pala ano yang dala mo?" Tanong ni Maru

"Ahh ito, well both of you have been studying well, I thought of bringing some soup to fill your stomach," He answered and tries to hand out the paper bag but I'm just looking at him. It was a long silence again when Maru speak