Chapter 1

Tw: Abuse/Gaslighting

"Read this, this, and this," Mom said as she put another set of book at my table. I looked at those thick books and continue reading again.

"Make sure that you'll only fall to either 99 or 100 percentile," She whispered as she comb my hair with her fingers. My breathing is starting to hitch but I'm trying my best to compose myself.

"I know," I answered trying to calm myself by making my eyes busy with what I'm reading.

"Good! Remember we are preparing you for something big. We are doing these things for you because we love you. ," She said and kissed my cheek before proceed walking out of my room. I no longer know why love really has to be this worse.

She was about to open the door when I remind her about the deal.

"About the favor I asked of," I started and so she halted.

"We're still at it r-right?" I started and now her attention is all mine.

"That I would m-move out once—" She walked near me which made me stopped, distance a bit and closed my eyes.

"Oh, Olezia, my dear. I won't hurt you," She said and stopped midway and fixed my eyeglasses

"I'll let that favor of yours happen—"

"But of course you have to grant our favor as well," She said and smile.

"You should excel and be a great Doctor at any means," She said in a serious tone but still plastering a fake smile in her face.

"Focus on that NMAT first," She said and her pretentious smile fade in a blink of an eye.

Not long after she stand straight and looked at me with intimidation before getting out of my room.

I grip my cold hands that is now hiding under my table. I calmed myself down as I'm filled with fear and anxiousness. Hold a little bit. We're getting out of here.

***

I re-checked my NMAT kit before proceeding to the car where the driver has been waiting for me. Since I'm an intarmed student, my years in studying med is shorter than the normal. 

It only takes 7 years for me to become a Doctor. In iMed we have our own curriculum level, for the first two years, we took our learning unit one and two and those units are already considered as pre-med. Now that I'm about to enter learning unit three I have to take NMAT in order to proceed applying in Med proper.

As soon as I checked everything. I get in the car and watched the places we passed by. Ilang saglit lamang ay nasa tapat na kami ng Unibersidad kung saan gaganapin ang exam.

I opened the car and Manong Waldo, our family driver smiled at me and did raise his hands with his knuckles closed.