Chapter 7

I was running late for my first subject so I am now sprinting the distance from my apartment to our room building, I no longer care about the people. All I've been thinking is to run as fast as I can. 

When I went to our room's door I can already hear our Doctor lecturing inside the class. The doorway is near the board that's why you will really get everyone's attention once you open it. 

This is the first time I run late for a class. I'm afraid that the professor might scold me, especially in front of everyone in the class. I was thinking of ditching the class but then I don't want to miss it since most of our exams are lecture-based. 

I was in the middle of contemplating when I felt my phone vibrate, from there I saw a message from Maru.

Maru: Don't get caught.

What the hell is he saying? Not long after someone opened the door which caught everyone's attention. He left the door hang open so I could see his back from here. Sooner I realize it was Maru who was also late and brave enough to open the door and just as I expected it, the professor is now scolding him. 

As soon as the professor turned his back. I saw Maru's hands in his back signaling—Maybe this is what he's pertaining about not getting caught. I looked at the professor who's not looking and so I entered sneakily and get in my seat.

"What happened? Why are you late?" Mahinang tanong sa akin ni Maru nang makaupo siya sa tabi ko.

"Nalate ako ng gising," I answered and glared at him. 

Lies, I was late because I was waiting for him. I was worried the whole time thinking that something might have happened to him along the way because its way past from his out and he's also not responding to my messages.

"Maru, yung part mo na lang kulang sa transes," Paalala ni Bless habang nagliligpit ng gamit dahil ang next subject namin ay sa ibang building.

"Mamaya send ko na," Sagot niya habang nakasandal sa mesa niya at hinihintay ang pag-aayos ko ng gamit. Sinasadya kong bagalan ang pag-aayos para mauna na lumabas ang lahat dahil may iaabot pa ako kay Maru.

For one month, I could also see how Maru somehow struggle in balancing his work and studies. On his day off, he would stay up all day to study everything in advance and do his part in the transes, but last week, he went off somewhere to his family so he didn't get to finish his part for the trans.

Everyone is out of the room which leaves for me and Maru to get left behind. I took a flash drive from my pocket and handed it to him.

"Ano 'to?" Tanong niya habang nakatingin sa flash drive.

"Reviewers and part mo sa transes," Sagot ko at akmang lalagpasan na siya pero agad niyang nahawakan ang braso ko. I felt a sudden shock and so I immediately get off from his hold, nang maramdaman niya yun ay mabilis rin naman siyang bumitaw.

"Sorry for invading your personal space," He said but I just nod.