Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Sirius was six years old when he started to understand that their family were purebloods and Slytherins.

He knew what the four houses of Hogwarts were he couldn't wait to become eleven, but he also knew that no matter what, he was going to be a Slytherin.

The House of the Blacks.

Besides the names of the other three houses Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, he knew nothing more about them.

As a curious boy, he had asked his mother on one occasion what the symbols of the other houses were, just as he knew the snake was to the Slytherins.

Walburga Black had sneered.

"Do not even bother, my son. The Blacks have always been in Slytherins for generations, the most noblest of them all. The rest are for blood traitors and mudbloods."

Sirius was too young to understand her words, but he did know one thing.

He was going to be a Slytherin and there was no question about it.

It was only when he came upon a book in his father's study and he had rifled through it, that he came to know that the other three houses had the symbols of a lion, badger and an eagle respectively.

He liked the gold lion emblazoned on a crimson flag.

It reminded him of a time of peace and victory, though he could not put his exact feelings into words.

The badger and eagle too, seemed like old friends.

Why did Mother think the house of the lion, the badger and the eagle were so bad when they seemed to buy him with a strange feeling, something that the snake had never evoked in him?