Chapter 7

Chapter 7 - Warrior Instincts

As Sirius grew older, he started to attract quite a bit of attention from the female crowd.

Sirius wasn't much interested in most of them, but a few girls did catch his fancy now and then.

James had remarked that Sirius had a thing for dark-haired girls.

Sirius had scoffed at the idea, but when James listed out the names of each girl he had fancied so far, he realized James was right.

Well, maybe it was his subconscious preference after all.

And whenever he saw the Gryffindor flag, he felt peace and a sense of belonging.

He supposed it was because he related Gryffindor as the idea of his home, rather than his real one.

After seven long years, he had finally graduated.

The Marauders had all discussed on what to do when they finished school.

Sirius had been removed from his family tree, but the gold from his uncle was of good help.

Even as his friends considered jobs, he knew what he was going to do.

He was going to fight in the war against Voldemort.

James, who was like a brother to him, was of the same idea and so all four of them had met with Dumbledore and joined in the Order of the Phoenix.

They were the youngest members in the Order but Sirius knew that it was his duty to fight for the oppressed for muggleborns as dear and sweet as Lily and kind strangers as that woman in Diagon Alley he had met many years ago.

It was a bit of a risk for them without the security of a job, but whatever the reasons were for the others, he knew he would always be on the front lines of a war, no matter the cost.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

Three years had passed and the war was escalating.

People were dying all around them and even the Order seemed a futile resistance.

It was a nightmare to learn that James and Lily were being targeted specifically by Voldemort and James had told him they were going to go into hiding and James suggested that he should be the Secret-Keeper.

And so, the Fidelius Charm was placed on their little cottage in Godric's Hollow.

All was well for a time, but after a few months, it became certain that there was a spy amidst them in the Order.

The old feeling of mistrust towards werewolves stirred in him again.

He started noticing Remus disappear for long days and out of reach of the Order.

After a Death Eater attack on himself, he had decided it wasn't safe for him to be James and Lily's Secret Keeper.

He was too conspicuous and the most obvious choice.

He had suggested James to switch Secret Keepers.

Peter was a good choice, as most didn't know about him and Remus was off the map.

Besides, he always thought rodents were unfailingly loyal.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

This story doesn't belong to me. Credits to the respective author.

A/N: If you've caught all the references, here's a virtual cookie to you!