Glorious

Photo Credit to Hirato on Fur Affinity

I woke up to the sound of parrots chirping through the window.

Let me elaborate. Parrots don't CHIRP, they do more of a "HELLO EVERYONE IT IS THE MORNING AND I KNOW YOU WANT TO SLEEP IN BUT I'M TOO EXCITED FOR THE NEW DAY NOW LISTEN TO ME!"

And it is. So. Loud.

Once they start, they won't stop. The only thing to do is get up and slam the window shut, and by that time you're too awake to go back to sleep, so you have to just start your day at sunrise.

So. How I start my day today.

I walk to the mirror that Deathbringer made for me, with tiny diamonds surrounding it. I told him it was too expensive for a tiny stick hut in the Rainforest, but that adorable jerk bought it anyway, so here I am, shielding my eyes from the dazzling lights reflecting off the gems.

After I arrange the flower crown Kinkajou made for me yesterday, I go down to the throne room and meet Deathbringer.

He flashes one of his annoyingly radiant smiles at me, and I run straight into him, knocking both of us over.

"You're up early," he comments.

"THOSE DANG BIRDS" is all I reply before Sunny comes in.

Me and Deathbringer break apart from our hug the minute she enters the door, and Sunny giggles at us. "Hi Glory, hi Deathbringer."

Deathbringer flexes his muscles and poses when he hears his name which is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING but somehow Sunny smiles anyway.

Sunny turns to me and smiles her innocently naive adorable smile. "Glory, there's a line of RainWings and NightWings already. They want your help as always."

"UUUGH. Why?" I groan and fall into Deathbringer's arms. Sunny sticks her tongue out at me and pulls back the curtains, revealing a horde of dragons standing outside the royal castle hut.

I sigh and walk over to the Royal Cushion. I thought it was silly at first, and wanted a throne, but after sitting on a hard stone chair for a day, I yelled NO PLEASE and replaced it with a cushion.

Sunny, as my royal advisor(sometimes. She works at Jade academy, too) has a pile of royal advisor cushions to sit on. They're royal because she helps the queen, but they're less important than the throne, so they don't start in capital letters. They're next to the "throne".

Honestly, other queens look at me funny, like why is there a RainWing on the throne? WHY IS SHE BETTER THAN ME?

Well, OK, Deathbringer says they all think I'm the best, but they probably don't.

I adjust the flower crown again and then nod towards Deathbringer. He pulls open the door and lets in the first dragon.

"Hello, Banana." I groan. Banana is a constantly happy dragon, and his default scale color is yellow. That's what got him his name. He also thinks there are tiny dragons invading the planet. Tiny iridescent dragons.

"Hi, Queen Glory. Hey, I wuz wonderin' if you've found out anything about them little dragons. I'm thinkin' they're behind the fallen tree."

"Banana," I say, refraining from yelling at him, "I told you. The tree fell down because there was too much wind and it had a rotting trunk."

Banana laughed, and I counted to ten before speaking again. "Banana, there are no tiny dragons."

Banana shook his head mournfully. "Well, see miss, that's what they want you to think."