chapter four

"have a good night!" jay said goodbye to the customers and sat exhausted on a chair at the counter. not only was he tired, he got a headache again.

he took a pack of pills out of his pocket, which was empty. he's used at least two packs this week. he should stop spending money on pills, they won't even help him. the headaches got stronger each time.

jay sighed and threw the pack in the trash can. if he ignores the pain, it might be easier.

"good evening-" the sound of a door that opened penetrated his ears. he raised his head to greet a customer, and in his eyes appeared a person he had not expected.

"hi, jay-ah" heeseung waved to him, standing still in the entrance. he looked at jay with his doe eyes and looked more surprised than jay did.

jay just nodded "how can i help you?" he rose from his chair, while heeseung was looking around the shop.

heeseung walked to the counter "how do you feel about paying me back right now since we met?" jay's eyes got bigger.

it didn't take long for heeseung to sit at a table at the other end of the store waiting for jay to finish making ramyeon in the machine.

jay felt his look at himself the whole time. the fact that he had to choose the convenience store jay works in! jay could calmly make a ramyeon, but instead heeseung preferred to burn a hole in his back with his eyes.

jay took a second portion of ramyeon out of the machine, grabbed chopsticks and walked towards the table. he put a bowl of spicy ramyeon in front of heeseung and sat opposite him with his chicken-flavored ramyeon.

"i never thought i'd meet you here" heeseung said after taking a bite of his noodles "what a coincidence. i was in the mood for ramyeon, and you got in my way."

"right, what a coincidence" jay nodded. honestly, he wasn't in a mood to talk with anybody, his head hurt so much he wanted to die. he didn't even want to eat noodles and heeseung was the only reason he decided to eat them.

heeseung after taking another bite leaned on the chair, sighing. jay felt his gaze again. he raised his head over bowl and caught an eye contact with the tall boy.

jongseong did not know what was so extraordinary about heeseung that it attracted attention. he just looked perfect. he looked good, even in the big clothes he was wearing. he didn’t even need makeup. you just had to look at his doe eyes and then fell in love with him.

"do i have something on my face?" jay blushed hearing heeseung. he was definetly staring at him for too long. he quickly grabbed his chopsticks and hid his face in a bowl while he stuffed noodles in his mouth.

heeseung laughed softly. ever since he first saw jay, his image got kind of tatooed in his mind. he was so sweet and seemed like a nice person to hang out with. he just knew from the day he met him at the library that he has to get close to him.

"how did you and taehyun met?" lee asked. jongseong was a little surprised by the question. he thought he would at least ask questions about him.

"when i moved from america to korea, taehyun was my neighbor for a long time until he moved. he found out we were the same age, so he approached me one day when i was going to school."

"how long did you live in america?" he asked another question taking a bite from his bowl.

"for 15 years."

"so it hasn't been so long since you moved here" jay just nodded "but you're good with korean! did you learn in america?"

"y-yes. my dad talked to me in korean."