chapter nine

jay waved to eunseong and started walking towards the school.

today was going to be a hard day. it was a day of special study which meant he had to stay extra hours in school just to sit in front of books and act like he's studying. maybe he wouldn't have stayed there if it wasn't for the verification of attendance.

"jay-ah!" jay turned around, hearing heeseung's voice "how are you? today's a nice day, right?"

jay nodded, smiling at him brightly. to be honest, ever since the party had place, he was thinking about how heeseung asked him if he could kiss him. there wasn't any moment he wouldn't think about it and it drove jay insane. it wasn't even anything serious, heeseung said it under the influence of alcohol, then why did his heart flutter everytime he remembered it?

"here" heeseung handed him a small bottle of orange juice while they were walking to school "i heard you have special study today. are you going?"

"i do" jay grabbed the drink and put it in his bag "what about you?"

"i usually don't stay but i will today" he said, looking at the sky "i already am in trouble for not wearing my uniform proberly. my homeroom teacher would kill me if i don't show up at the study today."

"we both should wish each other good luck. today's going to be tough."

heeseung and jay said goodbye on the stairs, which heeseung had to walk up to get to his classroom.

"remember to drink the juice i gave you!" heeseung shouted while jay was walking away. he turned around and waved to him, smiling and making his eyes dissapear "you have to show me an empty bottle during lunch, okay?"

jay nodded, waving to him the last time and turning around to go straight to his classroom. heeseung was so kind it made jay flutter, but it obviously wasn't anything serious. jay just felt good with being taken care of.

~🦌~

jay started blankly at a sheet of paper in front of him. he didn't know how many excercises he did, but he was exhausted. his head hurt more too, it probably meant that it needed rest.

jay sighed and put his pen down. he looked to the right at jake. he wasn't even trying to act like he was doing anything. he did do some work for the first hour, then he was pretending that he is doing something but in reality he was just sitting with his hand under his cheek and trying to sleep. in the end he gave up and layed on the desk.

jay looked around the class. the teacher was gone for a while. actually, he didn't show up in the last half an hour.

the windows were all open since everyone felt hot, but jay still felt the big wave of heat, which made it hard for him to breathe.

"hey" jay tapped jake. the australian just sighed and didn't give jay any more reaction "jake sim, do you think the teacher will do anything if i leave the class for a while?" jay asked him, tapping him even more. probably to piss him off.

"just go" jake mumbled, waving his hand to stop jay from tapping his arm "they don't even care about us."

jay agreed in his head. he stroked jake's hair and left immediately to the rooftop. he needed to catch a breath.

surprisingly, there was no one. jay didn't complain. people always went there to get some personal space so it was time for him. he sat on the ground and stared and the sky. it was getting dark, the sun was about to set.