chapter ten

jay put on his shoes and looked at himself in the mirror.

something happened with him and he suddenly wanted to look good whenever he was going out. and it obviously wasn't because of heeseung.

"i'm leaving first!" he shouted and opened the door. he was supposed to meet with heeseung and he didn't want his sister to interrupt them.

"wait for me!" eunseong rushed out of her room and ran to jongseong.

"go by yourself" jay said and ran out of the house, eunseong following him.

"what's with you?" she quickly ran to jay and grabbed his bad, pushing him backwards "you've been going earlier to school without me for last few days. you hurt my feelings."

"i didn't know you needed my accompany that much."

"are you planning something behind my back? what is it? do you smoke or drink?"

"i won't tell you so don't bother" he took eunseong's hand from his bag and started walking to school.

pink-haired girl rolled her eyes and followed jay, deciding to not ask him any more questions.

everything felt so much better for jay now. he finally felt happy, he was able to enjoy the summer and even going to school made him feel relaxed. he stopped worrying for the first time in few months. and all because heeseung is now jay's boyfriend.

"jay!" heeseung hugged him, running his hand through his hair "are you feeling okay?"

jay nodded, smiling happily "what about you? you have extra study today, right?"

"i do" heeseung pouted in dissapointment. jay laughed and patted him on the head "i really don't want to go. should we go somewhere together after school?"

"will it be okay though? you're in your senior year."

"i have good grades anyway."

"right" jay rolled his eyes "i forgot you're the smart kid."

heeseung giggled "where should we go?"

"not sure. any ideas?"

"if you don't have any we can go to my house."

so straightforward jay thought. at least for him.

"your house? why?"

"my grandparents are going to meet some of their friends today, so i have the whole house for myself. we can spend some time there, don't you want to."

"let's go there, then" jay smiled gently. it will be his first time in his boyfriend's house.

~🦌~

"relax yourself. i will get something to eat and drink for us."

jay was inside heeseung's house, more specifically in heeseung's room. it was nice, cosy and spacious. he had a big bed, the walls were all grey except for the one that was green. and he had a whole shelf full of lego sets.

jay shyly sat on heeseung's bed, taking a look around the room.

apart from the relationship between heeseung and his grandparents, his quality of life was good. he lived in a big house with good amenities, learned well and even owned his own car. if jay didn’t know how his grandparents treated him, he probably would have been jealous of him.

heeseung went back into the room with nuts, fruits and cups of tea. ever since heeseung found out about jay’s illness, he’s done everything he can to make him feel better. he made sure his head didn’t hurt. he knew jay’s headache couldn’t stop, but he kept trying new methods. he read on the internet that nuts, fruit and little tea help, so he fed that jay at school. it didn’t help jay, but he was glad to know heeseung took such care of him.