chapter seven

jay rubbed his eyes with his hand as the vision in front of him blurred. his head hurt too, but at this point he got used to it. he had to finish work anyway.

eunseong watched him. instead of eating her ramyeon, she played with chopsticks and frowned at jay. she felt so sorry for him.

"let's go watch something after you're done" she said.

"why suddenly?" jay asked, eating his ramyeon with a straight face. it was delicious but the only thing he was thinking at the moment was how much of it will he throw up later.

"i don't know, maybe i just think that you deserve a break? or i just want to spend some time with my only brother?"

"good point" he smiled "what do you want to watch?"

"what about you?"

"i don't have anything in mind..."

"what about 'weightlifting fairy kim bok joo'?" eunseong almost jumped out of her seat. she was an expert when it came to dramas.

"i won't be watching sixteen episodes of a drama."

"let's watch 'cheese in the trap' then!"

"i don't like romance."

"'honey lemon soda'?"

"the female lead pisses he off."

"'love alarm'?"

"the ending sucks."

"'a werewolf boy'?"

"too sad."

"is there even anything that you like?" she stood up and looked at him with dissapointment on her face.

"okay, okay" jay put his hands on her shoulders to help her sit down "just pick anything that you like."

eunseong nodded and continued eating the ramyeon with satisfaction on her face. she wanted to watch something with jay for some time now, but he always said that he's busy or doesn't want to.

when it was after 11 pm, jay cleaned up the ramyeon he ate with his sister and closed the shop.

they were walking together through a long street. eunseong was really excited. it wasn't usual for them to watch movies together. especially after jay's condition got worse, he would rather stay in his room.

jay was tired, but he could always take time for his sister. even though his head hurt like it was going to explode, and he had a blurry vision lately.

jay suddenly lost his balance, bumping into eunseong.

"what are you doing?" she asked confused.

"i don't know, i just lost balance" he said, also not knowing what was happening. it's not like it's such a big of a deal for a normal person to loose balance, but jay was ill and anything could be a symptom.

they continued walking through the street, it was quiet, the only thing they could hear were cars and wind.

"oppa" the pink-haired girl broke the silence.

"what?" jay asked, still walking.

"what are we going to do?"

"what do you mean?" he laughed "did something happen?"

"your condition is getting worse day by day" jay's smile faded, he put his head down.

"i think you're overreacting. it's not that bad."

"you think that i don't hear how you vomit every single night? and you talk about your headaches every day too."

"i told you not to worry about it. i will take care of it."

"oppa" eunseong shouted quietly, standing in front of him and blocking his way "is your way of taking care of it is not doing anything about it? you're dying! don't you realise? are you waiting for it to hurt more?"

"i won't talk about it with you."

"you're such a child, park jongseong."

jay dodged eunseong and began to walk to the house. eunseong only sighed and joined him. it always ended like this. no matter how much she tells him, he’ll always hold on to whatever he thinks will be good.

they both were about to turn left, when they saw someone standing against the wall.

"hi" the person said. they weren't really able to tell who it is.

they looked at each other as if they were trying to ask who that was without saying a word.

"what are you doing here so late?" the person walked towards them. it was heeseung.

jay and eunseong just screamed at each other a while ago talking about jay's condition and heeseung was right there what if he heard us? jay panicked. he wasn't supposed to know. nobody was supposed to know.

"we should be asking the same question" eunseong said.

heeseung took off his earpods and put them in his bag he probably didn't hear us since he wears earpods jay thought again, looking at heeseung's face. he seemed innocent, at least in jay's eyes.

"i was on a walk" heeseung said, looking at jay and making their eyes meet "did you work?"

"yes, my shift just ended" jay smiled at him.

"you must be tired" jay slightly nodded. heeseung took something from his bag, took jay's hand and gave him a little carton "strawberry milk. i bought it today but ended up not drinking it."

"oh, thank you" jay hold a carton of strawberry milk shyly in his hand, looking down and smiling.

"if you're done, let's go" eunseong said, trying to take jay's arm and make him move, but he refused.

"i'll go with you, then" heeseung said quickly "my home is near yours."

"okay" eunseong just rolled her eyes. she liked watching romance dramas but would rather avoid romance in real life and being with jay and heeseung at the same time was hard for her.

heeseung walked jay and eunseong home, he stood at the entrance, watching them go to the front door.

"friend of mine is having a party tomorrow. do you want to come?" heeseung asked before jay could open the door.

"a party?" jay looked at eunseong as he was asking for her permission.

"why are you looking at me? you're older, make your own decisions" she said jokingly and went into the house, leaving jay and heeseung alone.

"there will be jake, taehyun and kai too" heeseung continued "you can refuse if you don't want to."

"no, i want to!"

"that's great" heeseung smiled "we can go together. i will pick you up tomorrow."

jay nodded. heeseung waved to him and waited at the entrance until jongseong didn't went into the home.

heeseung's smiled faded as he was walking away from jay's home.

i heard everything.