Introduction

Main characters

James Buchanan Barnes

His life never felt complete

His life never felt complete. His parents he barely knew and his sister he lost at a young age never filled his heart up with the love he needed. After getting separated from his best friend at a young age to live in foster care in New York, he knew he didn't want to be a man like his father. He wanted to show love wherever he can until this love is all he cares about.

Leilah Brooks

She used to live a pretty normal life back in Boston with her mother and her brother Steve

She used to live a pretty normal life back in Boston with her mother and her brother Steve. She never knew her father, didn't even know if he was still alive, but her mother could gave her and Steve enough love so that she didn't really miss a father figure in her life. After graduating high school, she met Daniel, her abusive and toxic first love. She was brave enough to leave him, but not strong enough to face him. As his threats got worse, she knew the only way out would be to get away...and that's when she saw the ad of James B. Barnes, who was searching for a new roommate in New York City.

Trigger warnings:

A lot of these chapters contain detailed mentions of the following warnings below:

- abusive relationships

- sexual and physical abuse

- alcohol consumption

- anxiety

- death

- drowning

- gun violence

- massacres

- mental illness

- sleep Disorders

- violence

Please be aware of these trigger warnings.

If you don't feel comfortable with anything, you can always reach out to me <3!

** 18+ warning: this story also contains smut**