Chapter 18

Telos P.O.V 1 week later

I was sitting against the pine tree on top of the hill, looking over the field. It was late at night, my favorite time. I can't sleep, the nightmares didn't stop. And every time I woke up I had a hundred new scars. Jack hasn't come near us in a while. I think he's trying to figure out how to ruin me. I don't care.

I saw a figure moving towards me. I studied it, wondering what it was. As soon as it came into clear view I recognized it. Levi.

Levi was a vampire. Yes vampires exist. They are different from from Empousai. They were created when a minor god was cursed by Hades. Vampires have godly blood, just it seems rusty...cursed. New vampires are mad when another vampire feeds on a mortal, then feed the mortal their cursed golden blood. Hades may have created them, but vampires fell under my father's domain.

Levi was my friend, no...ally. I had met him on a task I was doing for my father. When I encountered him, I felt cold. The same feeling I get when someone dies. At first I thought he was a spirit, but he wasn't. He was a bloodsucking monster. Levi had recognized me as a bearer of a curse as well. I couldn't die. In order to die, Thanatos must except your death. I could fade, but only after millions of years.

"Levi", I greeted when he reached me.

"Telos", Levi nodded. I led him into camp, he had the blood of gods so he could enter, and to the Artemis cabin. I looked around, all of the hunters were sleeping.

"Now why are you here", I asked, "And how did you find this place"

------------------------

Pheobe P.O.V

"Now why are you here", Telos asked, "and how did you find this place"

I woke up to Telos coming in with a male. I was about to yell but it seemed important. I sat up slowly, making no sound, but the male's eyes flickered to me and then back at Telos.

"It seems your friend is awake", The male grinned, "She looks like she would be a fine meal"

At that Telos tensed.

"You won't touch her", Telos looked around the room, "Any of them"

Telos looked at me.

"This is Levi", Telos said, "An...ally"

"Why did you bring him in here", I glared at Telos.

"I assume he has something important to tell me", Telos said, "Now Levi why have you come here"

"We heard of a war", Levi said, "Among powerful beings"

"I assumed you would be a part of this war, Son of Death", Levi continued, while I glared daggers at him.

"Yes I am a part of this war", Telos said, "Why does this concern your kind"

Kind?, I thought.

"Well since we are the best of friends", Levi said sarcastically, "I got a group that is willing to help you in this war"

"I see", Telos said, "Why would they help, Hades is the reason of your curse"

"You were the only reason", Levi said, "Seeing as you have a similar curse"

"What curse", I asked Telos.

"I can't die", Telos said. I was shocked. I knew he was partially immortal, but I never knew he couldn't die at all.

"Ok Levi, get your group", Telos said, "I will build you a den"