𝟏𝟎

Your kisses burn into my skin
Only love can hurt like this

But if the sweetest pain
Burning hot through my veins

Love is torture makes me more sure

only love can hurt like this -paloma faith

-

"I'm okay..." I took a deep breath placing the cup on the table.

Jack moved my hair to look at my puffy eyes swollen from tears "Bestie, fine is not breaking down for a solid fifteen minutes on the floor over your not so dead sister" I looked at him not finding it as amusing the situation I was in, he zipped his mouth shut seeing my subtle glare as I rubbed my forehead with the palm of my hand. 

A wave of a headache was crushing my skull from the stress I was currently trying to push down but it was being difficult at the moment with the place I thought would be safe was broken in by a sociopath that was blood related to me saying they weren't leaving me again. A person who faked their own death right in front of me, bled out in front of my eyes making me imprint that in my head over and over again for years trying to block the very second she hurt herself. 

All that just for years later she comes back...alive. 

The headache was increasing more as I thought on how I ended up in this situation...and my heart squeezed so tightly I thought it would burst when my thoughts could only go towards Harry, physically wanting him near -seeking out his comfort, his touch.

I knew Jack meant well but it was nothing near to his cousin and the way he held me close whispering our future together until my thoughts were on us and not the mess in my head, or listening about his childhood or any nonsense he thinks of at the moment while he ran his fingers through my hair as I hugged him close.

Is it bad that I'm thinking about him at this moment instead of myself, imagining how he would react if he saw this...if he'd care. 

Stop...this isn't about him. It's about you. 

It's about her trying to force herself back into your life like nothing has changed, as if you were waiting for her with open arms. It's about how for fifteen years she hadn't given a single shit about you in that stupid house,in that stupid room with that disgusting man...not once did she try to stop it. 

Not once did she care about taking me away from that. 

NOT ONCE DID SHE KEEP HER PROMISE ON COMING BACK

What did I do to deserve this? Why now... why me.... 

I was finally putting it all behind me trying to move on sealing the little box of hurt away and then she comes back and opened it back up, pressing her fingers in the wounds that hurt the most because she the one who caused them. 

Fifteen years...and all I get is a note. A note...

"Charlie I know it's a lot right now but we can't stay another second" Jack whispered trying to see my face as brown locks covered it from him, he gently pushed them back giving me a small smile as I looked at him "Whatever made her bleed can't be that far, it's too fresh I can't risk you being here" 

"I'm sorry" 

He frowned "It's okay, we better go" He didn't even try to push anything more seeing I was distraught enough to not have anything else pushed inside my brain seeing the mess of emotions raging in behind my eyes.