𝟏𝟑

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time
'Til touchdown brings me 'round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh, no, no, no
I'm a rocket man
Rocket man, burning out his fuse up here alone

rocket man- elton john 

I felt my throat close as words fell dead on my lips just staring at the man in front of me who wore a terrifying calm smile. Just the smile itself was causing my body to tighten all it's muscles like it was preparing for the worst and boy was it right, the worst was in front of me. 

I couldn't move when he stepped forwards looking down at me with those eyes "Not going to say hello?" He mocked with a smile watching the terror in my eyes. 

The world around me seemed to zone out as my eyes blurred, I could feel my chest heavily try and move as my lungs constricted -my throat was aching from wanting to scream which no noise came out. My body was trembling visibly showing that I was afraid which only made my thoughts scream that I was stupid for letting it show but I could barely even blink. 

His dark eyes were staring at me, the same dark eyes that matched mine. His fake grin was forced as his teeth grinded together while he waited for a reply from me, he was enjoying the fear in my eyes and the frozen state I was in. 

"You know Charlotte, I thought I had taught you a lesson on lying before but it seems like you forgot" It was the first time I moved feeling the rush of emotions hit me remembering my own screaming when I was taught that lesson. My fits clenched as he smiled even more "Maybe I should teach you again, somehow I have a feeling that you might open that mouth of yours and tell the world the lies you created in your head"

I clenched my hand even harder my nail digging into my skin as I felt a bubbling rage start to rise.

"Not like you didn't pay your way out of a scandal" I hissed at him tilting my head up so I could at least pretend I was confident. 

"Who would believe a word of an addict, a whore. All you do is open that mouth of yours always fucking everything up" He taunted just like he did years ago, my father never had the patients with me it was always cut straight with what he wanted. If he wanted to beat the shit out of me I wouldn't even see it coming...if he wanted to play a game with me, I'd be trapped in the room for hours.

Now he was joking about it. Like what he did wasn't disgusting, as if it was nothing that everything I said was fucking bullshit.

I spent years mulling over what happened in that house trying to forget it, like I did with Natasha, yet it never worked. He had burned himself a hole in my head waiting until I fell asleep to plague my dreams until he had me hostage inside of my own head that I could barely escape, I could still remember the dreams that haunted my teen years and how hard I scrubbed my body until it was raw. 

I could barely even look at myself in the mirror at that point. 

"Yeah but I though you liked it when my mouth is wide open" I spat out watching his generous good mood fade to the man I actually knew, the anger in his eyes when I talked back. I could see blood. 

"You think that's funny huh?" He took a step forward as I grinned a bit watching him explode with such a small comment "I'll make sure to make your life a living hell until you beg me for my forgiveness -I can't wait to see the day you'll be kneeling in front of me begging to keep you alive" I only hummed finding it funny that he thinks I wasn't already in hell.

"Like Natasha did with you?" 

The ghost of a grin I displayed on my lips was slapped off, literally. I could feel my ear ring and my cheek burn in pain from where his hand had collided and I barely had time to shake away the tears in my eyes when his fingers wrapped around my throat pushing me back until my head hit the hall with a loud thud.