Chapter 9

Two days. It was two days till the sports festival and Shinso was tense. Way too tense.

"Um, Shinso?" you proceeded with caution, "I know we've been training together and without Mr. Aizawa we heh....really haven't been getting anywhere, but don't you think we could uh....give it a rest?"

Your voice slowly decreased in volume as you welcomed his dagger-like stare.

You two have been training together for the past two weeks preparing for the sports festival, but training with the guidance of a teacher over a device isn't as efficient as it is free (if you get it, you get it). Over time, you decided not to stress over it because two weeks wasn't nearly enough time for you to be ready for the hero course. Of course, the sports festival was probably too major of an opportunity to be brushed off lightly, but facts are just that - facts. Naturally, Shinso would think otherwise as he was more hell bent on getting into the hero course than you were.

"Rest?" he said as he controlled his breathing, "If you're tired you can go home. We don't have to do everything together."

We're not a couple.

"I'm not leaving," you said making your point clear, "And I don't necessarily mean 'rest' at this very moment. Just r e s t you know? Like a day off."

Why did that part about not being a couple sting? I'm totally fine with us being just friends....

Shinso raised a brow not totally dismissing your suggestion.

"One day. Pleeaaase say yes to one day," you pleaded with puppy dog eyes and hands clasped, "I'll do anything you say afterward - even shut up for an hour...."

You slowly regretted that last part.

"Anything?" he folded his arms as you started to peak his interest, "....I'm listening."

"Yay!" you beamed, "Since tomorrow's Saturday, we should totally go out! Eat stuff, buy stuff, play stuff - You know....sorta like a-"

"A date?" he unexpectedly replied making you a flustered mess.

"Wah- uhh I was actually gonna say a just friends day out that just friends do which we can totally do because we're JusT FriEnDs haha....but I guess date works too," you totally freaked out waving your hands in all sorts of directions, "I mean it is technically shorter to say but the definitions don't completely align-"

Gosh, what am I saying....

You mentally facepalmed.

"Hey, calm down," he rested a hand on your shoulder, "I don't mind."

Heh, she's so cute.

"....So 10:00 am, your house maybe?" you raised your hopes.

"Funny."

He crushed it.

"I'll pick you up at your house. Hope you're ready when I get there," he said as he grabbed his bag and prepared to leave from the training spot, "And make it two."

"Huh? Two what?" you looked up in confusion.

"You said one hour. Make it two," he said before walking off into the sunset (so cliché yet, I'm not sorry)

"Ah-...." you began before regretfully dragging yourself behind him.

....shit.

____________

Deep down you knew this was only a 'just friends' outing, but that still didn't stop you from getting up early to get all dolled up - something you don't normally go all out on. You got up early just to straighten your hair.... You even put on a little lip tint and mascara.