Chapter 10

Today is the day of the grand event - The UA Sports Festival. A day where students from all departments could participate and show their worth. This was the moment you and Shinso had been waiting for.

You've never participated in anything like this before and you couldn't ignore the sensation of your sweaty palms gathering the material of your pants as you willed your feet not to fidget. However, you weren't the only one in the nerve. Your quirk revealed this intense pining to perform well today and be noticed. You could see that everyone felt that the hero course students were robbing the attention from the other departments, but Shinso was slightly different - there was something more to his thoughts. Even though he had a pissed front like everyone else, he wanted not only to be noticed, but prove that he could do just as well in the hero course if only he was given the chance.

This was only of the thoughts you heard from the students in your room though. Each class had a waiting room assigned to group up and wait before the festival began and you were sure each class probably had different objectives for it. The Department of Support for example, could get to showcase their awesome inventions! Class 1-A and 1-B may be super competitive this year, but they aren't the only ones who aim to win.

"Let's kick ass Shinso," you said in a serious tone reaching your fist to bump his.

"Don't think I'll be helping you out," he said as he did the same.

"Was about to say the same thing," you smirked.

Even though you both put on a serious front, without even using your quirk, you could tell he was as nervous as you were. But, you weren't about to let that stop you. Maybe some of you reading this might have forgotten, but you wanted this just as bad as Shinso did. You made a promise to your mom and you intended to keep it.

_____________

It was about time for everyone to make their entry and you were keeping your quirk in check. You wanted to make sure you saved your concentration so you had no problem focusing when you needed to. Mieko approached you behind to say her final words before getting her head in the game.

"Win or lose, let's have fun (Y/N)," she smiled.

You knew Mieko was quirky but this time her smile chilled your spine and her glowing eyes sold the look.

"THE UA SPORTS FESTIVAL!! WHERE THE HERO WORLD'S INCHOATE LITTLE EGGS AIM FOR EACH OTHER'S THROATS-" Present Mic began to announce. And as sure as the sun was expected to rise, he made the rest of the introduction about Class 1-A and the the crowd didn't seem to disagree.

When he got to your department and the rest that followed, he went over them so fast - It was as if they didn't matter. Of course, your aim was to make it into the hero department, but you believed everyone else was working just as hard - no shade to said hero department.

As you entered the main stage, you couldn't help but feel a bit overwhelmed by the size of the crowd. Not only that, but you were sure thousands of people were also watching from home! Your parents were definitely among them so you had to play it cool.

*exhale* keep it together (Y/N)

You told yourself.

All the students from each department gathered around the main stage to hear from Midnight - the 18+ only hero.

"Now now, fair play!!" she began in an attempt to settle the crowd, "Now a word from the student representative!! Bakugo Katsuki of 1-A!!"

What!!?!?

"Spikey hair is the student rep??!!" you gasped, not expecting him to have such a position, "But he's so....prickly!!"

"So...."he began as he arrived at the microphone with his hands in his uniform pockets, his smug voice echoing throughout the stadium, "I'm gonna win."