『 one 』

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

    The bustling crowd of people in the wizarding diner, in which Iris sat, was fairly crowded for a regular Friday afternoon

    The bustling crowd of people in the wizarding diner, in which Iris sat, was fairly crowded for a regular Friday afternoon. But then again, it was back to school season. She was in Diagon Alley —  a cobblestoned wizarding alley and shopping area located in London, England behind a pub called the Leaky Cauldron.

The diner was small on the outside, just like every other shop there, but huge on the inside curtesy of a Undetected Extension Charm — a charm that is makes things to be larger on the inside than it appears to be on the outside. There were flying tea and coffee pots going around to each table pouring people their drinks. Next to the register sat a pastry bar in which all kinds of pastries were served.

Iris sat in the back of the wizarding diner with her hands lying flat on the table next to an half empty cup of tea she had received from the flying tea pot while she waited for her friend to show up.

It was the beginning of August, so Diagon Alley was packed with students coming and going every which way to get school supplies or new robes and a brand new wand. Some even stopped by in the diner to have a snack and something to drink.

Iris had already been school shopping a couple days ago. Only this time, school supplies and school uniforms wasn't the only thing the girl had to get. Apparently, for some odd reason, Iris's mother had made her get a get a ball gown of sorts.

The chimes of the diner opening catches Iris's attention. The sight makes her breath catch in her throat. Walking inside the diner was Harry Potter himself, Iris's crush since her first year at Hogwarts. Not that she'd tell anybody.

She was a Slytherin, what's her reason for like a Gryffindor, Harry Potter no less. But they can't really blame her. Harry Potter was very attractive even at the mere age of 14. His messy dark hair, those beautiful emerald eyes, that perfect smile and that laugh. Merlin, that laugh always got to her.

Of course, she's only ever heard it from afar. Sometimes she'd even catch herself staring at him from across the Great Hall when she heard his laugh. She loved how genuine it sounded. How his eyes light up whenever he's talking to his friends Ron or Hermione or anyone really. He was just that kind.

He was gentle with his friends — well from what Iris has witnessed — he's always kind to Neville, a round face boy who's always forgetting things. He's even a little kind to some of the Slytherins. Well the non-prejudice ones.

Harry was carrying a bag of what Iris could only assume was his school supplies. He had on black and white vans, blue jeans and a white shirt with a Muggle band on it.

She was so caught up in the sight of Harry, she hadn't noticed her friend had walked through the door.

"Daydreaming about Harry Potter?" the familiar voice of her best friend, Theodore Nott, startled her. She looked up and saw that he was standing in front of the table, looking where she'd just been looking — which was at Harry Potter.