『 ten 』

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

The game was over and it was like the Weasley twins had said

The game was over and it was like the Weasley twins had said. Krum caught the Snitch but Ireland won. The score had been 160 to 170 in Ireland's favor.

It was Lynch — Ireland's seeker — who had seen the Snitch first. "He's seen the Snitch!" Harry shouted. "He's seen it! Look at him go!"

Half the crowd seemed to have realized what was happening; the Irish supporters rose in another great wave of green, screaming their Seeker on . . . but Krum was on his tail. How he could see where he was going, Harry had no idea; there were flecks of blood flying through the air behind him, but he was drawing level with Lynch now as the pair of them hurtled toward the ground again —

"They're going to crash!" shrieked Hermione.

"They're not!" roared Ron.

"Lynch is!" yelled Harry.

And he was right — for the second time, Lynch hit the ground with tremendous force and was immediately stampeded by a horde of angry veela.

"The Snitch, where's the Snitch?" bellowed Charlie, along the row.

"He's got it — Krum's got it — it's all over!" shouted Harry.

Krum, his red robes shining with blood from his nose, was ris- ing gently into the air, his fist held high, a glint of gold in his hand. The scoreboard was flashing BULGARIA: 160, IRELAND: 170 across the crowd, who didn't seem to have realized what had hap- pened. Then, slowly, as though a great jumbo jet were revving up, the rumbling from the Ireland supporters grew louder and louder and erupted into screams of delight.

"IRELAND WINS!" Bagman shouted, who like the Irish, seemed to be taken aback by the sudden end of the match. "KRUM GETS THE SNITCH — BUT IRELAND WINS — good lord, I don't think any of us were expecting that!"

Harry could barely hear the groans of the Bulgaria supporters over the roar of excitement from the Ireland supporters. He looked to his right where Iris and the other Slytherins had been standing and saw that her shoulders were slumped and she seemed to have been cursing.

She looked pretty when she was mad, Harry thought.

"C'mon Harry." Jasmine said loudly, tugging his arm. It was then that he'd realized he's been staring an bit too long that everybody was getting up and leaving to go celebrate. James and Lily were stud up, stretching and Mr. Weasley was trying to calm the twins and Ginny down.

Sirius was with Remus sharing a kiss that wasn't at all kid friendly. Harry shook his head and chuckled. His Godfather was known for his PDA. He felt bad for Remus for having to put up with Sirius.

"We're going back to the tent!" James said loudly over the noice. "It's call for celebration!" He smirked.

"Yeah!" Sirius yelled.

"Moony, you get the Fire Whiskey?" James asked.

"Yeah, Prongs." Remus responded. He might not have seemed the type on the outside, but Remus was a party boy. He loved to party. He was just as bad as Sirius, if not worst.

Sirius once told Harry — much to his and Lily dismay — that Remus has tattoos only Sirius get to see. He would have given Harry a very detailed description if not for Lily saving his innocence.

"Hey, dad" Harry yelled above the noise. "Can we also celebrate?" Harry asked, pointing to him and his friends with a smile on his face.

"Yeah!" James cried out at the same time as Lily saying 'No!"

"Dammit," Harry muttered to himself. "I tried." he shrugged at the others as they chuckled.

After about twenty minutes, they all made it out of the stands and down into the fields where it led to the tents. Most people were staying overnight and others were leaving now. Harry and his group were one of those staying.

The air was filled with loud bangs and lively music, courtesy of the exuberant Irish fans who wasted no time in celebrating their victory.

Harry couldn't help but cast a glance towards Iris, hoping that she and her family had also chosen to stay overnight. Maybe, just maybe, fate would grant him the opportunity to run into her again, alone this time, away from the prying eyes of their friends and the constraints of their houses.

She looked to be in a playful banter with Malfoy. It was weird for Harry to see Malfoy so relaxed and smiling. At Hogwarts, he was always usually so tensed with a frown upon his face. Right now, he looked — nice?

As they approached their own tent, the sounds of joy and merriment enveloped them. Laughter, music, and the clinking of glasses filled the air, creating an atmosphere of pure celebration. The night promised to be one to remember.

Harry's heart fluttered with anticipation as he entered the tent. The air was filled with a sense of camaraderie and excitement. He caught the eye of his parents, who shared an unspoken understanding of his hopes and dreams.

Together, they joined the festivities, immersing themselves in the jubilant atmosphere. Harry danced with his friends, the Weasley twins spinning him around with infectious energy. Laughter and joy filled the space as they celebrated the thrill of the World Cup and the victory of their respective teams.

"There's no one like Krum." Ron said in a poetic voice as he stood on a chair. "He's like a bird the way he rides the wind."

Fred and George joined arms, "Dumb Krum. Dumb Krum." they said as they circled the boy on the chair

George throws the Ireland flag over Ron's head,
and he throws it off immediately.

"He's more than an athlete, he's an artist." Ron said in serious awe.

"Dumb Krum!" The twins went on.

Ginny said teasingly. "I think you're in love, Ron."

Jazmine laughed.

Ron narrowed his eyes, "Shut up." he hissed.

"Viktor, I love you! Viktor, I do!" the twins sang mockingly.

"When we're apart my heart beats only for you!" everyone chimed in — even Hermione who usually don't join in on these kinds of activities.

Tonight was the most fun for Harry. He loved hanging with his friends and family. He smiled the entire night until it was time to sleep then the next morning leave.

*·˚ Authors Note ✍🏽

whoops, here y'all go.

this is unedited!