《Chapter 1》

Clay cried, "Please don't leave me alone myself,"

His mother was shoving him into his room. He couldn't figure out what was wrong with her.

"Honey, I'm sorry. I want you to remain in here and be quiet okay? Your dad's going to be home." she calmly remarked to her only son.

Clay cried out, "But why mom?".

"It's because I want to keep you safe and because-"

She trembled in horror when she heard the door slam shut and heard heavy footsteps.

She hurriedly locked her son's bedroom door and tucked the key under the sill.

Clay screamed for his mother while fully ignoring the key that was being pressed to his foot. He attempted to twist the doorknob.

His parents' ranting could be heard when he pushed his ear up to the door. He then heard glass shattering.

Clay ran next to his bed and sobbed because he didn't like hearing his parents fighting right then.

When he heard a loud hit, he immediately sprang back.

His father yelled, "Where is he?!" with rage.

"I'm not telling you!"

Another hit.

"Tell me where he is. Right now!"

Before hearing his father attempting to open the door, Clay first overheard some inaudible chatting.

As soon as he felt terrified, he ran beneath his bed.

The door opened abruptly.

"Where the fuck are you, Clay?!"

At his tone, Clay whimpered. He observed his father carrying a bottle while pacing around the room.

"Clay, where are you? Get out of here right now, dammit!"

He kept going till he came to a stop at the edge of the bed. Clay covered his mouth with his palm out of concern that his father may overhear him sobbing.

He knelt down and ducked his head under the bed after that.

Clay screamed.

"There you are!"

Clay attempted to flee from his controlling father, but he was unable to do so because his father pulled him away by firmly grasping his wrist.

He pushed the terrified boy up against the wall.

"You fucking brat! Learn not to run away from me again!"

He tossed an empty bottle of strong liquor his way; it missed, but the glass shattered and the pieces scattered all over the place.

Clay was struck by some of the glass and it cruelly scratched his delicate face.

He sobbed bitterly. He rolled into a ball and allowed his father to treat him and his mother the same way everytime he was home.

When his father approached him, he trod on something; it was the key.

He grabbed it angrily and dragged the sharp part on Clay's arm, which terrified the young child and made him cry.

His arm was bleeding. The floor was covered with tiny drops of blood.

He felt so helpless.

"I wish you'd never been my son!"

The blood-stained key was thrown by his father outside the open window above Clay. His mother swiftly barged in and stopped his violent husband just as he was about to take off his belt.