Chapter seventeen

A u g u s t c o s t e l l o

I decided that I was going shopping today, food supplies were running low and mom had promised to make lasagna for me. I'm so excited because my mom's cooking is so good. I would have asked Brett if he would come along with me but he's busy with his new crush, Oakley. I played cupid and may be I should leave hockey and start Cupid.

I take out my disguise, A base ball cap. One dark pair of shades, a big one orange scarf even through it was grill hot in California.

The drive to the supermarket was smooth, I don't go to expensive supermarket, Bruh you sell the same thing as any other one is selling but you cheat the rich by adding a few more dollars and cents to the item like water in La' Everything is five dollars for a bottle of water. La everything is a shop for the rich and the most leading one here.

The leading supermarket who rips people off of their hard earned money, rome calm down. Just thinking about it makes me so mad especially how they embarrassed few people when they have to return things.

I enter the city supermarket, the smell of people who didn't have suffocating scents. I texted mom to send the ingredients and the list is much but the ending was worth every single time sent here to buy them.

"Meat and beef". I said adding them.

"Red wine".

"Tomatoes".

"Onions".

Pineapple". No, it's not for the lasagna but mom said I should buy some fruits for her to make fruit cups since Natalie had just arrived in California.

"Wat_". I stop when I see a little girl in the aisle trying to reach for some can. I walk towards her and observe her a little bit.

She looks like she was around the age of three or four years old, she had jet black hair and hazel eyes with a pout on her face when she huffs not able to reach it"Hey, do you need some help reaching for the can?" I ask squatting to her small frame for us to meet height to height.

"Mommy said I shouldn't talk to strangers" she adds, she hugs herself and becomes so alert about the fact I was talking to her.

"Yes, don't talk to strangers but I want to help you reach the can you want". I said,

"Mommy said if I eat my beans well then I would go tall but they're failing me now". She says, she pouts and my heart swells.

"What's your name beautiful".

"Aurora, how about you uncle".

"My name is August". I said, I remember telling indigo the day we were drunk that if I have a boy I would name him Wolfe and if I had a girl then I would name her Aurora.

She giggles"That's a pretty name". I notice she puts her hand over her mouth just like she would do, I smile hearing her mixed accent.

"Come on Aurora, let's get the can for you". I said, I stand up and put my hand at her sides lifting her up to reach the can, she hugs the can and I slowly let her down.

"Thank you August". She grins at me, I get the hint of her Canadian accent and some American accent when she speaks slowly.

"You welcome Aurora but where's your mommy, I don't see her anywhere".