TOUR LIFE

Oli had finished his new album by March and the band were due to go back on tour in June to launch it. He was excited for the world to hear what he'd been working on for so long and to see how much he'd changed, but he'd been home for 18 months and he expressed worry about being away, about making life work with my studies, with Ivy, with his absence. He was worried that it would put stress on me and distract me from my studies, so to keep things running smoothly, we ended up enrolling Ivy in day care. It was just one day a week at first to get her used to it, then when Oli went on tour, she could go for the two days I was on campus. We were a little apprehensive, but Ivy thrived and seemed to enjoy interacting with other babies and we got some beautiful finger paintings to put on our fridge. We hired a nanny for the two days I was studying from home too, to keep Ivy tended to while I studied and it seemed like we'd found a way to keep things running perfectly. Oli was much happier once we had things in place and it was nice for Ivy to start socialising too now that she was almost two.

Because Oli insisted, Bring Me the Horizon's long-awaited return to touring was beginning in America and coincided with my Uni break so I could join them for most of it along with Ivy and Cass too – you know, for moral support because being on the road with a two-year old was a lot harder than being on my own like I was the first time I toured with them! We headed over to the East Coast for the bands big return and seeing Oli on stage again made me so happy and proud. He'd grown so much, but the man on that stage felt like the exact same one I used to lust over years ago and it was so fucking sexy. He was always the hottest man in the world to me, but something about the way he commanded a crowd and owned the stage like a God... my sex drive got out of control. Maybe it was also because it took me back to a time where I was on tour, sleeping with him in dressing rooms and tour buses, but either way, it cranked my libido to an uncontrollable level. I was feeling like my pre-Ivy, Oli-obsessed, three-years-ago self, I swear. Oli was pretty tired from being on stage almost every night since he hadn't done it in so long, but even so, our sex life was definitely in full swing during that tour... there was something about seeing him get all sweaty and angry on a stage that just did it for me, lol. The only disappointment was that we flew just about everywhere so we didn't get to re-live our tour-bus days. Those were always fun.

We celebrated Ivy's second Birthday in Orlando and took her to Disneyland with the whole band in tow. She could only go on the kiddy rides but that suited me and she loved meeting the characters and watching the fireworks. Daddy however loved the rides that threw him around, upside down and shot him into the sky... lol. He was such an adrenaline junkie! 

Ivy was getting so big, but she was the most beautiful little thing I had ever seen; her hair now long enough to put into pig-tails, her tiny-toothed smile so sweet and her eyes now exactly the same as Oli's. She was such a Daddy's girl, constantly going to him for cuddles, but I loved seeing my two favourite people in the entire world together so much that I couldn't be jealous. The way she always wanted to kiss him, mimicking Mommy doing the same thing was the cutest thing ever and my Instagram was constantly filled with photos of them being cute, especially when we were all on tour together.