∞ 4: SENSEI'S WIFE BECOMES A SENSEI

"WHY WOULD YOU MARRY HIM?!" The students (excluding Fushiguro) ran up to the pair, Nobara crying at her feet, and Yūji bombarding Kobayashi with compliments.

    Megumi however clicked his tongue at his annoying classmates feeling sorry for the women. "Gomen, Kobayashi-san. They're a handful."

    "Ah, don't worry 'Gumi. And didn't I tell you to call me Koba?!" She yelled towards the end, her lips forming a childish pout.

    Why am I surrounded by children? If he had to be frank though, this child wasn't as bad as the others, hence why she was most definitely his favorite.

    "Okay, okay. Anyways, how've you been?" The reserved teenager asked, cracking the smallest of smiles.

    "Been fine, ya know. Nothing special." She shrugged nonchalantly, not wanting to talk about her depressing life. But of course, that life had to defy her smallest of wishes.

    "I thought you were going to apply0 for that one school?" Megumi asked tilting his head, and Michiko had to suppress the urge to coddle him then and there from how adorable he looked.

    "They refused. How has school been?"

    And so their conversation carried on, leaving out the other three present people. And soon both left, since Michiko wanted to greet Yaga-sensei, leaving said three outcasts by themselves at the training ground.

    Silence. And then havoc.

    "FUSHIGURO CAN INITIATE A CONVERSATION?!"

    "WHY DID SHE MARRY YOU, TEME?! DID YOU FORCE HER?!"

    "I THOUGHT I WAS HIS FAVORITE~?!"

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

    The reunion with Megumi brought genuine felicity to Michiko; when her ridiculous example of a husband had taken him under her care she couldn't have cared less.

    Anything connected with Gojō was something she despised, just like she despised him.

    But getting somehow acquaintances with the boy was inevitable and one time after another he sneaked into her pained heart and brought relief into her life.

    Fushiguro Megumi was like her son, and Kobayashi Michiko was like his mother.

    So, they sat in the classroom of the first years catching up on everything that had happened, Megumi more so than Michiko.

    "-And that's how Sukuna ended up in Yūji."

    "Wow...poor boy, must've been terrified..." She mumbled dejected by the idea of the pinkish brown-haired boy's sealed fate.

    Megumi only hummed in response, too deep in thought as he side-eyed the female.

    The boy wasn't a prodigy, but he was aware that Kobayashi wasn't content. Whenever he inquired about her whereabouts or what she would do in her free time she would swiftly avoid these questions, and it bugged him.

    He was more than aware that her freedom was strictly restricted by the higher-ups to whom he was indifferent, but couldn't help the dislike growing inside of him as he saw, dare he say, a beloved person suffer under their hands.