∞ 8: HUMANS

AFTER HAVING TAUGHT the kids all the necessary stuff, Michiko plopped down on the taupe-colored velvet couch and sighed as she leaned her head back on the plump backrest.

    "What? Tired already?" Came the white rat's teasing voice, pulling the blond woman, no, tore her away from her calm state.

    "No, I'm not." She retorted with gritted teeth.

    "Hmm, that sigh indicated something else though~," Satoru said as he leaned on the backrest of the couch, staring at Michiko with his obscured eyes.

    "Well then, you misunderstood." And with that Michiko hastily got up from her position and wrapped her arms tightly around her waist.

    Why did he always have to read her so well? They've been married, sure, and that's usually how stuff goes, but that stuff only goes for a married couple that is in love. Like, they both have deep intimate feelings for each other.

    Gojō and her, they didn't have that. They only ever had banter and some understanding; the mutual understanding of not being able to stand the Higher-ups and cursed them for forcing things upon them.

    Things that they never had the liberty to choose to have with someone more suited for them. For someone, they would live and care for, wanting to spend the rest of their lives with each other and all that cheesy, kinda cute, nonsense.

    And yet, she didn't find that deep hatred in herself anymore when she looked at Gojō Satoru.

    Annoyance was still there (naturally). But lately...he was able to understand her.

    Mei Mei always tried to understand her pain and suffering from being forced into marriage without love, but that was exactly it. She tried, but Mei Mei would never completely understand.

    Having Gojō here who was just as reluctant as her...

    Her train of thoughts were however interrupted by proximity, a nose to be exact bumping into hers before pulling away an inch. "Well, how about a deal?"

    "How did you range from me being tired to a deal?! AND-AND GET AWAY FROM ME YOU, YOU- FREAK!"

    "Calm down, sheesh." Satoru exclaimed, pulling away from the flustered woman. Successfully embarrassed target. "You were spacing out though, that even when I called you hot you weren't answering!"

    "ExcUSE ME?!"

    "Hehehe."

    "Just get it over with, Gojō."

    "Shouldn't a married pair call each other by their first name?"

    Oh, how much Michiko admired an intelligent man's stupidity.

   So, when she snapped she turned on her heel, on the staircase mind you, in a graceful manner, leaned down so they were on eye-level her usually ocean-blue eyes turning into a dark shade of marine blue, mixed with cold ice speckles.

    "Listen here, Gojō Satoru. I am not one to be messed with. I never wanted to be married to you, and if I could, believe me, I would do everything to get you out of my life."

    With every breath she took she didn't try to steady her breathing, but she appeared to grow more cold exterior-wise, more composed.

    "And teasing me won't turn me to mush like all the other insolent, stupid girls. So don't even think. About it. You're just another human who happened to be born with immense power. And that is all you'll ever be in my eyes."

    And just as suddenly she had neared his face, she pulled away and ran up the stairs in an angry match, slamming the bedroom door shut once she arrived there.

    Michiko couldn't stop however the feeling of guilt creeping up on her. She didn't need to be so harsh on him. After all, he was just as reluctant to be bound to her as she was.

    What she didn't know, was that she had left a very happy snowy-haired man downstairs, elated that he was seen as a human too, and not just the strongest jujutsu sorcerer.

    The agreement could wait. Mochi however could not. He needed to celebrate this!

☾✧☽

AUTHOR'S NOTE: the story's rolling my dudes and dudettes 😏