∞ 5: THE GOJŌ NUISANCE CHRONICLES

WHEN MICHIKO WOKE up this day was like no other. There was, for one, this thrilling frantic beating of her heart the minute she started to stir from her sleep. There was a motivation, for the thing her sleepy mind couldn't grasp yet, a motivation she hadn't felt in a long time.

    There was also Gojō Satoru, his face shoved into hers the moment she blinked with her eyes to stir from her slumber. "Good morning, sunshine!" The white-haired male greeted her with a big grin.

    From her surprise (and dislike of the proximity between them), she scooted away from him with a surprised holler.

    "Naw, I'm glad to see you too, but you don't need to yell like that to show me."

    "Just how long have you been standing there watching me sleep?!" Kobayashi questioned her eyes nearly bulging out of her head.

    Gojō then gestured to a chair he had pulled in front of her bedside with a cheeky grin and answered (more like he gave a sassy remark), "I wasn't standing I was sitting here. Also, you look cute while you sleep~"

    "SH-SHUDDUP! And anyway, what time is it?"

    "Eleven in the morning-"

    "Eleven in the morning?!" She inquired incredulously.

    "That's what I said, sweetheart," Satoru remarked, not missing the way her cheeks heated up but was too preoccupied with getting her clothes out of the wardrobe and speeding over to the bathroom to get changed.

    Once the door clicked signaling that he was alone in the bedroom, Satoru closed his eyes from under his blindfold and sighed.

    It wasn't that he was unaware of the lack of affection Michiko got when she married him. He knew about the immense pressure put on her by her family and the expectations of those old geezers up there.

    So it wasn't a surprise either when her face heated up as if she was put in a microwave upon receiving an affectionate nickname.

    And maybe, perhaps, there was the teeny tiniest chance of him feeling a tad bit guilty.

    But him being able to make her flustered like that sure was a game-changer.

    "Are ya comin' or what?" The voice of the very person he was thinking about sounded from behind him, and he turned around with a smirk to face her.

    Michiko, sensing that some uncalled comment was about to emit from him, smacked him in the head before he could say anything. "Ow! I didn't even say anything yet~"

    "Exactly! And now get up, I don't wanna be any later for my first day as a teacher."

    "You that excited to work with me?"

    "Never said that was going to be a part I would enjoy, dumbass." She retorted with an eye roll, as she dragged him by his sleeve to the car in which Ijichi was seated.

    "Gomen Ijichi-san, that dumbass forgot to wake me up." The blond woman apologized, and Ijichi accepted her apology with a minuscule smile saying that it was fine, and he was used to it.

    "You're so mean to him..." Michiko muttered under her breath, looking at him with accusing deep blue eyes, and a pout painted on her lips, making Satoru pout and start nagging her.

    At this point, the blond female started to think that his face could only produce those following expressions; childish, dumbass goofy, and bastard smug.

    And as much as she just wanted to wipe those damned expressions off of his face, today felt different. Michiko tried to deny it, but as she puffed up her cheeks and crossed her arms looking out of the window she had to at least quietly, silently admit it to herself; she was thankful.