Golden's Sorrow

Tw: Death (though respawn is a thing), Torture. 

Grian used to love his angel side. He loved that his magic shone with gold and that he could have a small halo around his head if he wanted. People used to like angels, but one day, they all started hating them. Grian never could understand why. But that day was the day he began to hate it. He was about to finish training when they grabbed him and threw him in prison. Avian and angels were bad now, apparently. Grian prayed to the gods he had spent so long training to serve that he would be given strength and that they would let him go.

Then the trial came. It was rigged. But no one seemed to care as the judge gave him his punishment. His wings would be cut off.

He begged for something else, but the judge didn't listen. They took him to an unfamiliar area of town that Grian didn't know existed. They gagged him, tied him to a tree, and then, they started to pluck his feathers. Slowly, the ground around them filled with feathers and blood as Grian struggled to get free. Eventually, they cut off his wings, and left him there. He didn't last the night. But Death had mercy on him, respawning him further away from the town. He never stepped foot in it again, becoming a nomad, and only showing his wings to a select few.

One of those people was named Mumbo, and they grew to be close friends. And eventually, Grian told Mumbo his story, and why he hated his wings.

Well, what Grian didn't know about his friend is that he was the god of technology. And so Mumbo asked if Golden wished to see the god of justice. Grian agreed, and that's how we got the messenger of the gods.

That's our first story! The messenger of the gods, Grian! You'll meet the other gods soon enough.