Scar's Delemma

Quick note: Bailey is Badtimes

Bailey and Scar were brothers and best of friends. They grew up in a small village, and Scar remembered praying at the altar to the light god every day. Bailey sometimes tagged along, but he didn't care as much. But as the boys grew, they came into magic they held, using it to help, and cause small amounts of chaos. They promised they would always stay together.

As Scar's magic grew, he leaned more toward using it to grow things, and he would bring flowers to the altar of the gods. White roses for lightning, golden roses for time, and red for justice. He mumbled the prayer, then he left, going about his business. Well, one day, he saw someone else at the altar, so he lingered back, growing a few more roses. Finally, the person left, so Scar stepped up, starting to place the roses in the formation he always did when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Excuse me, but I think you dropped a rose." The man said, handing Scar a golden rose. Scar took it, then got a good look at the man. He knew that face.

"Xisuma?" He found himself whispering before covering his mouth. Only those with blessings from the priests were supposed to speak their names.

"Hello, Scar. And do not worry about my name. That's something that isn't even true."

Scar nodded, still terrified to speak. Xisuma smiled, leading him away from the altar towards the trees.

"Scar, you see these trees?"

Scar nodded, looking at the bark, and frowning; They had a disease.

"You noticed the infection. That's because I'm stretched thin with my time. I need help. Scar, would you be the god of life?"

Scar blurted out his response, not really processing what he was saying. "Can Bailey help me?"

Xisuma shook his head. "Not at the moment, but if an opportunity ever arises, I will not hesitate to let him help you."

Scar nodded, and Xisuma gently told him to go home. His work started tomorrow. He was now the god of life.

Well, we have another! I wonder what Bailey's reaction to this will be...