Etho's revenge

Etho sat amid the crowd, watching their community leader speak. He tried to pay attention but had to focus his energy on hiding his artic fox traits. The community had some sort of vendetta against hybrids. So all Etho could really make out was stuff about how hybrids were inherently evil and the usual stuff they said at the community meetings. Finally, the meeting was dismissed, and Etho stood up, keeping his head down and rushing back to the housing unit he shared with one other person. Only one unit member had to attend the meetings, so Etho had offered to go. Unfortunately, Kit, the man he shared his home with, was not so skilled at hiding his hybrid traits.

"Hello Kit." He said as he stepped into the house, only to see another man in the room. And this man had wings that Etho immediately recognized. Those wings were the symbol of Golden, the messenger. The religion of the 19, as it was called here, was extremely common to be practiced.

"Oh! Etho!" Kit exclaimed, smiling. "Golden wants to talk to you."

"Kit give me a second to process that the gods are real please."

Kit nodded as Etho walked to the other end of the room. He took a breath and turned around.

"I've processed it. Okay... what do you want to talk to me about?" Etho asked, looking the god in the eyes.

"Well, we have slowly realized that hybrids must be represented in the pantheon. Scar can't watch over them and his other duties. Well, would you like to be the god of hybrids?" Golden finished eyes kind, not threatening him. It was Etho's choice, the hybrid realized. His choice. They could and would find another, but they had asked him.

"I- I accept." Etho stuttered out, and Kit hugged him.

"I'm gonna miss you." Kit whispered as Etho smiled at the slightly smaller man.

"I'll come to visit. I promise." Etho whispered back.

"I should be off to tell Xisuma that you accepted. He'll be here tomorrow at the latest to help get you started. And a pleasure to meet you, Etho, the newest god." Golden smiled as he disappeared into thin air.

"Kit please tell me I'm not dreaming." Etho turned to Kit, who looked like he had just won the lottery.

"You're not dreaming. And imagine the community leader's face when they find out!" Kit exclaimed, and Etho had to smile.

"I can't wait to see it."

Well hello there. I am on a roll with these. If you have someone you want to see their Mythology for, comment it I guess. -Sock<3