Chapter 7

Time at the CTHY traveled differently than normal time, it was around the speed of school time, but somehow still slower. The Norgium that worked here took their time to do things, it was a low-stress, peaceful environment. It was detestable.

My interview with Dr. Ethan took longer than I expected, and he wouldn't shake asking me about my usage of drugs and alcohol until I finally broke.

"Stop asking, I won't tell you."

He looked at me, calm. How were they always like that, able to keep themselves together?

"Can you tell me why you do not wish to explain this to me in depth? I only want to understand the reasoning behind it, it will better help your treatment."

I shot up, "It is my life and my decisions. All this stuff is fun, I like fun."

I paced to the other side of the room. I was done with him, with all of them. I huffed as I came closer to a window, the same window I came to every time there was a need to storm away from him. I studied the outside, wishing it was the view from my bedroom. He beckoned me back to my seat.

"Ophelia, I am trying to be gentle in my questioning. These are answers that need to be answered, you have to be honest."

"I am being honest."

I stood back for a second, shocked at my own voice. Before that moment I had not known it had the ability to reach such high volumes. I hadn't meant to yell, but I wasn't bothered that I did, and in a sick way, I hope it bothered him as well.

He was quiet, but I still spoke.

"I am telling you the truth, all of it. Why can't you believe me?"

Maybe I wasn't trustworthy, that made sense.

"I'm sorry mister, but I'm giving you all that I've got here. Every ounce of truth."

Nodding his head, he sighed and stood up. Closed his computer and said goodbye, he walked out. For a minute it was quiet before another alien walked in. A woman.

She also wore a lab coat, clearly another doctor. Just wanting to go home I sunk into the couch in despair.

"Hello, Ophelia." She was kind, but that's not what I wanted to hear.

She deserved kindness back, maybe, but not from me. Not after the day that I had been through. I needed pot, not civil behavior.

She continued, "Dr. Ethan will be back shortly to review your plan. I have come to see what you might want for dinner in a little bit."

I stuffed my head in my hands, I wasn't hungry. They wouldn't take that response though, if I answered like that they would try to tell me that I had an eating disorder. Stress made me full, I was completely full.

Sighing, I let my head droop into my hands, and for the first time in days, let my body relax. It felt nice, finally being able to free myself from my surroundings.

I responded, "A sandwich, please. Thanks."

She walked out, my eyes closed, it was only supposed to be a second. I wasn't supposed to fall asleep there, It was just so comfortable and it felt good to stop my constant awareness.

It felt like a minute, but when I opened my eyes next the room seemed darker. Pitch black outside, it was past nine. There was a sandwich in front of me, I didn't feel like eating it, instead, I looked around. Dr. Ethans was back, typing again at his computer.

"What are you doing?"

He looked up at me after I questioned him, "I was waiting for you to awaken from your nap, you needed the rest and I did not wish to bother you."