Chapter 3

The next morning I didn't bother waking up early. I got up with just enough time to get dressed, and brush my teeth. I flew out of the door, neither of my parents were home, because my father was MIA and my mother was working again.

Johnny had pulled in front of my house and was waiting for me. I threw my shoes on and ran out of the door while tying my hair into a low bun.

"Johnny you will never believe what happened last night."

She looked at me, suspicion in her eyes. "Oh really?

We drove to school while I told her my entire encounter with Henry the night before. She remained silent for a majority of it, but I saw in her eyes that she had a lot to say. She was like me, she didn't like being told what to do, so she understood my frustration.

Finally she made a statement, "I'm gonna' kill one of these freaks eventually, always ruinin' our fun. Messin' with our lives. Like Jesus, lately they're all up in my business, tryna' get me to quit marijuana. Like, no thanks, Mary Jane's the only bitch who's keepin' me chill nowadays."

We arrived in the student parking lot and made our way to the field, but nobody was there. Johnny looked at me confused, we were always the last to show up.

"Good morning girls."

The voice boomed from a few yards away. We turned to see a Norgium walking towards us, I backed up, Johnny stood in her place. He was my history teacher and the principle, Mr. E-something

"If you could please follow me that would be greatly appreciated."

Johnny looked mad. She responded, "Why?"

"You will see, please follow now."

I looked at Johnny annoyed at our situation, but not surprised. I decided to follow, not really caring anymore that someone was telling me what to do. Stubbornness could have easily been my middle name, but the Norgium even rivaled me in that.

As we were led into the school, I felt myself begin to worry. Why didn't anyone come to the field today, they always came to the field.

Our guide eventually brought us to the doors of the auditorium, he entered first. Johnny and I waited outside for a moment. I spoke to her in a low tone, "Give me your bag, I think they're gonna check them."

She looked at me confused. I shook my head, grabbing her bag out of her hands and tossing her mine. The school already knew I was a trouble maker, sure Johnny may have been caught drunk too, but I didn't need her being known as a drug dealer.

I pushed the door open, not paying attention at first to what had greeted me. In front of my eyes stood sat my entire group. All looking just as confused as I was, Johnny came in.

Eventually Mr. E came back, he began to talk, "Good morning."

He probably was expecting us to say it back, we didn't. A good morning for us didn't include being rallied into an auditorium.

"As you all know yesterday there was a fight in the tennis courts. As the new principle,I hadn't expected such rash behavior on the first day."

I interrupted him, "Sir that was me."

"Yes I know, and I'll deal with you later. As I was saying I didn't expect such behavior,so I wanted to see what caused it. "

A girl called out, "Duh- it was the snitch bitch."

Mr. E sighed before looking back up to us, a stern look on his face. He made sure we knew not to mess with him anymore, it was as if he changed the entire vibe of the room. We all shut up, not even daring to snicker.