Chapter 2

I sat on my bed scrolling on my phone, I smiled as I watched myself beat up Danny on multiple people's stories. I saw people in the comments trying to debate who won, it was kind of humerus. I didn't fight her to win, I fought her for the sake of fighting her.

I heard a knock on my door before my mother walked in, she looked spent as usual. It would worry me, but I knew that she loved her job. She loved being a firefighter, saving lives was her passion.

"I heard you beat Danny up today."

I nodded my head, a little nervous about what she would say.

"Well, did you win?"

I laughed a bit, she sat down next to me. We were close, she was my best friend who just happened to be my mom.

"That's debatable, I did pin her but she got the last strike."

She nodded, I knew she worried about me. She didn't like when I got hurt, so she didn't like the concept of me fighting, but she fought way more than I did when she was my age. She understood.

"Okay, did you get hurt at all?"

She sounded worried, so I downplayed it.

"Just a scratch on my arm, that's all."

She believed me, I told you I'm good at lying.

She left my room giving me some time to be by myself, I appreciated that she did that for me. I got up from my bed and grabbed my phone, checking for messages. I saw one from my father asking if I could come into the diner after I ate something, I responded quickly with a yes.

I got myself undressed and threw my clothes onto my dirty laundry chair and walked to my closet. Grabbing a black crop top and cotton shorts, I threw them onto my bed while I stood in front of the mirror for a few seconds.

Maybe I sound narcissistic, but I love my body. I'm not about physical appearances, just function. As long as my body feels healthy and not dying, it's good enough for me.

I put on my new clothes and headed to the kitchen, smelling the lovely aroma of grilled cheese. My most favorite meal. My mother stood at the stove, finishing off the sandwich. She cut it in two and put half on one plate and half on the other. It made sense, mostly because the bread she bought was huge so half a sandwich was basically one sandwich.

"So, your dad told me you're going in to work tonight."

I swallowed before answering, "yeah, I'm excited. It's been awhile."

She laughed, we continued to joke around while we ate, at one point I even showed her a video of the fight. She claimed that I clearly won, her point being that I got in more strikes and did more damage.

I didn't show her the part where I almost broke a rib, all she really saw was the scratch to my arms. Which only left a small bruise because the sweater I had worn protected me almost completely.

Eventually I finished up and put my plate in the sink before hugging mother goodbye. She had to go to bed early so that she could wake up early, I wouldn't get to talk to her again that night.

I walked out of the house at four prepping myself for the three mile journey ahead of myself, like shaking out my arms a bit. I knew that I'd get there much quicker if I ran rather than walk.

Starting off slow I picked up my pace from the walk, while picking some random indie playlist to listen to. I kept a pretty quick pace for the first mile, while focusing on my breathing. I kept in my zone running down major roadways so that I wouldn't have to make as many turns.