~A Date For A Day~

⚠️Trigger Warnings: F00d, snakes, mentions of reptiles⚠️

Type: ONESHOT

Ships: Anxceit

AU and Stuff: Human AU, Demiboy Janus(They/He pronouns)

It was 6 AM and Janus just had woken up, it was freezing. They felt around on the bed for their boyfriend but couldn't feel him, so he opened their eyes. Virgil wasn't there. "Virgil???" Janus said loudly, not wanting to get up because it was cold. Virgil popped out of the bathroom connected to their room. "Yes Jan?" Janus sighed "Get done over there, and cuddle me." Virgil chuckled "Honey I can't. I gotta get ready for our day full of date stuff, remember?" Janus was confused, then remembered their plans. Janus sighed, getting up and stretching. "I'm cold." Virgil chuckled rolling his eyes, "You're always cold Love." Janus went over to Virgil, hugging him "Mhm." Virgil started playing with Janus' hair. After a few minutes, he spoke up "Now, we gotta get ready." Janus sighed in annoyance. Janus went to the bathroom with Virgil and got ready for the day.

After they got ready, they went to their car and Virgil started driving. "Darling, can you at least give me a hint about what we are going to do?" Virgil smiled "Now, wouldn't that give away the surprise?" Janus sighed, feeling annoyed.

After a little more than an hour, they arrived at a fancy breakfast restaurant. Janus was in awe. "Virgil...how much will this cost?" Virgil looked at them smiling softly, "Love, just enjoy this, this day is all about you, okay?" Janus rolled his eyes, getting out of the car. They both walked into the restaurant, being greeted by someone in a suit. They brought them to a table for two, giving them both a menu and walking off. Janus looked at the items and immediately gulped, which earned a chuckle from Virgil "As I said, it's fine sweetheart." Janus smiled, they still tried their best to eat the cheapest items. When the waitrex(I'm making that a word) came back, Janus ordered an orange soda, two pancakes, and one scrambled egg. It was 30.00(US Dollars) altogether. Virgil ordered a sweet tea, an omelet, and two pieces of bacon. It was 32.00(US Dollars). Janus sighed. It took about 20 minutes for their food to cook. After they had eaten, Virgil paid the bill, getting back into the car with Janus. "Thank you, Vee." Virgil smiled at them "Of course, but you don't need to say thank you. You pay for our dates all of the time, this is my way of repaying you." Janus smiled at him. "Hmm. But still. Hey Vee?" Virgil looked at him "Where are we going again?" Virgil chuckled "You'll just have to wait and see." Janus groaned in slight annoyance.

30 minutes later, they arrived at a Movie Theater. Janus chuckled "First date stereotype? Even though it's our 100th date?" Virgil smiled "Yep." Virgil got out of the car, and opened Janus's car door for him, "Ooh, what a gentleman." Virgil blushed "I was just trying to be nice." Janus smiled "And in my opinion that counts as gentlemanly behavior. Now come on." Janus got out of the car, planted a kiss on Virgil's cheek, and walked towards the Theater. Virgil let Janus pick out a movie, he eventually picked a 2-hour-long horror movie. It was pretty scary, but not too scary to the point where it wasn't enjoyable. After the movie ended, they went back to the car and checked the time, it was 3:37 PM. "Okay, Janus. I have one more thing for us planned, before we go home, okay?" Janus nodded their head, he didn't bother asking what it was, because they knew that Virgil would just use the excuse that it was supposed to be a surprise.

After 1 hour, they finally arrived. It was a zoo, but it was only reptiles. Janus gasped and smiled brightly. Virgil was happy that his spouse was happy. Once they got in, Janus grabbed Virgil's hand and immediately went over to the snakes. Janus kept on telling Virgil facts about different types of snakes that most likely, Virgil would forget the next day. After they were done looking, they went back to the car and drove home.

When they finally were back at their house, it was 8:49 PM. Janus was still grinning ear-to-ear, even when they were home. For the last part of the day, Virgil made quesadillas and popcorn. Janus and Virgil cuddled on their couch, watching Stranger Things for the 5th time in the past 4 months. Eventually, Virgil fell asleep at 10 PM and Janus carried him and brought him to bed, getting ready for bed himself. After they were ready, he went into their bed and immediately fell asleep 10 minutes after.

Post Stamp: Friday, July 1st, 2022, 1:28 PM(Central Daylight Time, US)