𝔹𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝔽𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝔹𝕣𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣

(A/N I know, I'm terrible but I swear Ill be posting regularly from now on, on schedule)

Tsukishima was more or less an enigma that Hinata hadn't really bothered to figure out yet. Outside of practice and matches against other teams and training camps, he barely knew the guy. Although he didn't know the guy's favorite food, he knew how to tell when he was annoyed or mildly amused, his usual default emotions.

So, with all that info settled,

"Who the hell are you, and what have you done with Tsukishima?" He blurted out to the absolute imposter smiling ( actually smiling?!) beside him.

"Excuse me?" The imposter turned his head and tilted his head slightly, adding another piece of evidence against the alien, robot, shapeshifting creature that had taken the resident beanpole's place.

"That thing you're doing with your lips and cheeks, it's not meant for your face at all." Hinata grimaced as he remembered the horrifying expression.

"Fucking smiling? Can I not smile?!"

"Not without a marching band of cute, cuddly animals playing "Hug Me" by Pharrell Williams as they hand out free balloons to an orphanage bursting into flames in a fit of sick, twisted carnage." Kageyama but in equally creeped out by Tsukishima's show of emotion.

Tsukishima whipped his head around in anger.

"Are you telling me that YOU, King, have the audacity to say that shit when you look like you mentor Pennywise with a smile like that?!"

"Okay, kids can you tell me why I hear more yelling, and less balls hitting the ground?" Suga walked up, Tanaka not trailing far behind.

"Hah, balls."

"Real mature, Tanaka"

"My apologies."

"Stupidshima is being really weird today." Hinata ran towards Suga hiding behind him as soon as the nickname left his mouth.

"Yeah, he's, oh God I'd never thought I'd say this, smiling" Kageyama shivered.

"It's weird, yes, but why is this important?"

"That's exactly what I wanted the little carbon dioxide dispenser to tell me." Tsukishima crossed his arms and tapped his feet impatiently.

"Well, I did hear him mutter something..." Hinata trailed off as the glare Tsukishima sent increased tenfold.

"Smiling to himself and muttering under his breath?" Tanaka questioned. A slight tilt in his voice.

"That can only mean one thing..." Noya replied, slumping on Tanaka's shoulder.

"He's planning a school shootin-"

"Hes going on a dat-"

"................."

".................."

".......That was...."

"....Not what I was thinking at all."

Sugawara massaged his temple in frustration, for his team of idiots never ceased being, well idiots.

"Since we can OBVIOUSLY rule out option number one, Noya, Tsukishima, who's the girl and why is she distracting you doing what you're supposed to do on this team?

As Tsukishima flushed he was stone-cold, he kept the most silent they'd ever seen him before uttering the four-word sentence that threw everyone into chaos.

"It's not a date."

".........."

".........."

".........."

"...OH MY GO-"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Are you sure that all I need to do, no more applications I need to fill out, coach approval meeting-"

"Your fine."

'She's so mesmerizing.' Kai pondered the absolute goddess in front of her, she had originally taken the position as a helper just for the sole purpose of getting Kei and Jonah together faster, but if she gets to have pretty, no, stunning people like this around her all the time, she just might stick around.

"Now you will be working alongside me and another girl who I will introduce to you later, she will be your primary trainer..." Kiyoko's voice trailed off as she heard a familiar commotion from the gym.

"Looks like you'll be starting earlier than I thought." Kai began to speed up and followed her until they opened the doors of the sweaty warzone and found...

Complete and utter chaos.

Hinata and Kageyama piled on top of Tsukishima as Tanaka and Noya poked him with some sort of staff or stick? Poor Daichi was consoling a Sugawara that looked like he was about to commit several criminal offenses.

Yachi and the other members stayed in their own little corner as if keeping a silent agreement to stay out of their team's shit.

Kai, quite frankly, was especially confused.

"Can someone please explain to me why the hell is Tsukishima pinned down like you're sacrificing him to the God of Volleyball or some shit?"

Hinata looked at her with new found wonder.

"Wait, that exists?!" His excitement was almost adorable if you take away the fact that he really was considering sacrificing his friend to a fictional God of Balls.

"It really is that empty up there, isn't it?"

"His brain is the equivalent of an empty garbage bag blowing in the wind, I don't know what you expected." Tsukishima responded dryly, accepting his fate as an offering.

Noya then focused his sight on Kai.

Then somewhere in the barren cave of his skull a lightbulb went off.

"I KNEW YOU WERE LYING, ITS HER ISN'T IT!" He pointed in her direction with absolute glee, flailing his arms.

"I'm what?"

"THE GIRL TSUKISHIMA'S GOING ON A DATE WITH!!!"

".....Excuse me?" She narrowed her eyes hard at the still trapped boy.

"He's going on a date with someone, and since you're the only one he's...semi-friendly with, it has to be you." Kageyama explained shuffling himself to sit on Tsukishima more firmly since the boy had started to violently move.

Kai was understandably confused, date with her? While Tsukki was bi she was never his type and there were no other girls he was close to....

But there was....

One....

BOY.

Kai gave Kei a sinister smile as she grabbed his ankles and yanked him out from under the two boys.

Kei stared up at her in silent horror. Not the kind where you felt in danger, but rather the kind where she seemed to know all his secrets and would not hesitate to use them.

With gleeful cheer, she smirked at him with the same sharp toothed grin she and her brother shared.

"So.....your fucking my brother, aren't you Kei?~"

Unlike the chaos that had driven us to have this conversation in the first place, the gym became starkly silent in seconds, until a literal ball was dropped and the silence was broken.

"Well......we were still right."