Can We Stop, Now?

"So, the rat that's been scurrying around has finally decided to reveal itself?" The black-cloaked woman chuckled as she approached the screen with Tsaritsa's logo.

"Since I have been properly introduced, I am now able to start exerting influence," Tsaritsa explained. "This game you're playing ends here, [REDACTED]...?" The monitor flickered for a moment as Tsaritsa was caught off-guard.

"...Pfft," the black-cloaked woman couldn't help but laugh. "What's wrong, Tsaritsa? Griffin got your tongue?"

"...[REDACTED]," Tsaritsa tried again, but still failed. "...I see," she concluded and her voice took on an unamused tone, "Because you never get introduced, you may hide in anonymity with this world not allowing your reveal." Tsaritsa scoffed in annoyance, "How cowardly of you, black-cloaked woman."

"Me? The cowardly one?" The black-cloaked woman jabbed her finger at the screen with Tsaritsa's logo accusingly. "You're the one sending those attack dogs after me from the shadows! Though, attack 'snakes' would be more accurate, in this case." She expected the get a rise from Tsaritsa with that, but the computer monitor said nothing.

"...What attack dogs?" Tsaritsa asked with genuine confusion.

"Don't give me that!" the black-cloaked woman accused, "Those dogs, and especially that snake, keep stopping me from completing my objective. And, now that you've revealed yourself, I know it was you that sent them!"

"..." Again, the monitor remained silent for a few seconds as Tsaritsa seemed to be deep in thought. "I think you're misunderstanding something," Tsaritsa calmly started to explain, "As I said earlier, I am only now able to start exerting influence because I've been introduced. Anything before this point has not been my doing."

"...?" The black-cloaked woman opened her mouth to counter but stopped as she thought about it some more. Tsaritsa's words did make sense. Aside from her, no one could alter this world without a proper introduction, which would automatically reveal them to her as a suspect. "...But, they appeared back then..." she started to think out loud and paced around the room. Tsaritsa remained quiet as she allowed the black-cloaked woman to think. "So, if they aren't yours, then who-?!?" A loud bang at the door cut her off and she spun around to face the door.

"...Interesting," Tsaritsa mused as the banging continued. It sounded like someone slamming their fist against the door. "Quite interesting, indeed."

"Quit daydreaming!" The black-cloaked woman chastised as she kicked the table over and drew her weapons from beneath her cloak. "If they aren't yours, then they'll surely go for you, too!" The banging stopped but was quickly replaced by the sound of metal slamming into metal. The gears holding the door shut started to whine as the tip of an ice axe forcefully wedged itself between the door and the doorframe.

"I'm only a computer monitor, so I'm perfectly alright. You, on the other hand..." Tsaritsa let her words trail off as the door started to be pried open. "I would wish you the best of luck, but I honestly would prefer it if you just died."

"Tch," the black-cloaked woman clicked her tongue in annoyance before turning her attention back to the door. "Alright, you fucking snake, you wanna go again?!" She primed her weapons and a sadistic smile overtook her face. "Come again and see what happens when you fuck with the eagle!" The door to the briefing room continued to slowly be pried open by the ice axe to reveal the assailant; their glowing pink, vertically slitted eyes stared back with utter hatred.

***

"So, I understand why StG44's echelon is with us... But, why are you two here?" Zeldri was standing on the freight elevator as it rose up the shaft towards Level 01. Annika and StG44's squad were standing by along with some human staff as well as MDR and UMP40.