Player VS Player

"All t-dolls are maxed dummy-linked, and in position!" One of the commanders acted as an announcer for the challenge. A map displaying the field was on a large screen above the terminals for the others to see. The drill consisted of a starting location on the east and west sides of the map where each commander could deploy a single echelon that immediately forked into two paths. The paths went two nodes deep with Sangvis forces guarding them before converging at the HQ node in the center of the map. Due to the nature of the drill being a competition between echelons to race to the middle, Zeldri and Alexander were situated at terminals with a divider between them so that neither could see what the other was doing. The announcer looked over at them to check if they were ready, and they each gave a nod. "Begin!"

"Let's finish this quickly," Alexander muttered to himself as he sent his echelon up one of the paths. His echelon easily dispatched the Vespids that guarded the nodes as they advanced to the center. "I expect victory, G36C."

***

"Of course, Commander." She motioned to her echelon to follow her, "Push forward with courage, everyone!"

"Y-...Yes!" MP5 kept pace with G36C as the two SMG t-dolls led the group.

"Please watch my performance, Master!" G41 energetically cried out as she practically skipped along the path.

"Our preparation is complete," EM-2 mused to herself, "All that's left is to put it into practice!"

"..." AS Val silently followed the two AR dolls.

"HmmHmmHmmHmm!" G41 happily hummed to herself. "I~ can't~ wait~ for~ Mas~ter's~ praise~!"

"We'll only get praised for a job well done, G41," G36C gently reminded her comrade. "We're getting close to the HQ, so be prepared for combat."

"W-Will things...be alright?" MP5 hesitantly asked as they approached the small outpost that was being used as the enemy HQ. "Those posts on the forums..."

"Are probably exaggerated," EM-2 finished for her as they entered the outpost. "Our commander's one of the best, so let's believe in him." She softly muttered to herself, "And, the cookies."

"Agreed," G36C affirmed before looking back at her team, "Let's do our best, AS Val."

"...Yes!" AS Val finally spoke with her timid voice, but some determination started building in her at her leader's reassurance. "I choose to fight..."

"Good." G36C led her team through the outpost to the center courtyard. The outpost had five concrete buildings all surrounding a large courtyard with some abandoned vehicles in the center. Three of the buildings were only single-story structures, the fourth was two stories and the fifth was four stories and sat on the southern side of the outpost. There was a slight wind whistling through the abandoned buildings and the sun couldn't break through the overcast clouds. G36C and her echelon were on alert as they slowly walked through the courtyard to the center where their commander wanted them to hunker down. They could use the abandoned cars for cover while viewing the whole HQ. According to her map, the HQ was currently contested which meant Zeldri's echelon was also here. But... "Where are they?" Her echelon made it to the center unimpeded, and everything but the wind was silent. "...I don-!!!" As she tried to speak, the air roared to life as bullets started assailing their position.

"Enemy spotted!" G41 shouted as she and the echelon dove for cover behind the cars. "North building!"

"North?" Zeldri's echelon should have approached from the west where their deployment area was. "Seems like they tried to flank us." Through the gunfire, G36C poked her head out to see M2HB shooting out the windows from inside the north building. "Damage report!"